Jumpsat14k

Testicular tumor/cancer

What pisses me off about testicular cancer is that it seems like it's the last "polite cancer" to educate young men & boys about. I mean nowadays you can even see health films about women checking their boobs on television - which is a GOOD thing. But you almost never hear about teaching boys & young men how to feel up their own nuts every month. Which is what you should do and a nice hot shower is the place to do it, and you guys all know how loose a good hot shower makes your sack o' nuts feel. So get busy and chek 'em out. It is a young man's disease too, from onset of puberty to about the mid forties. After that, you can start worrying about your prostate....

----------------------------------------------------------

tbrown makes a great point. Until I had it I never knew that men should regularly check their nuts for lumps. After all women have mamograms and pap spears, but men don't have an equivalent for testicular health. The onset of testicular cancer happens long before there is any pain and even then the pain is so slight that it is often unrecognized as a serious problem. In fact, I had a compete physical just weeks before I was diagnosed and it was not caught or suspected because health professionals don't preach checking for it like they do breast exams.

So here's a solution..........Grab a beer, find a hot babe and check each others body parts for lumps. The human tongue is more sensitive than fingers, so use that if you have to, but get it done! I want to practice what I preach, so I'd be happy to perform a visual check for anyone who wants to send me a pic of their boobies!B|B|B|

This is an excellent point of yours, that is, everybody talks about the boobs--or has a fund-raising jump/ run/ bike event for them--but, seriously, who talks about the nuts? Fact is that TC is the most prevalent solid malignancy for guys 18-35.

Here is s a link to help w/ the self exam: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdQppbPNVKY

[...]

What pisses me off about testicular cancer is that it seems like it's the last "polite cancer" to educate young men & boys about. I mean nowadays you can even see health films about women checking their boobs on television - which is a GOOD thing. But you almost never hear about teaching boys & young men how to feel up their own nuts every month. Which is what you should do and a nice hot shower is the place to do it, and you guys all know how loose a good hot shower makes your sack o' nuts feel. So get busy and chek 'em out. It is a young man's disease too, from onset of puberty to about the mid forties. After that, you can start worrying about your prostate....

[...]

Update

Went to the doc, looks like the epididymis has to come out vs the testicle. Better news by far; although, the tumor could still be cancerous, at least the testicle shows no signs of abnormal growth. Looks like May 7th it comes out. Doc says I should take a month off jumping but could be sooner. Any input Bones? Peace.
Party like it's $19.99

Update

Went to the doc, looks like the epididymis has to come out vs the testicle. Better news by far; although, the tumor could still be cancerous, at least the testicle shows no signs of abnormal growth. Looks like May 7th it comes out. Doc says I should take a month off jumping but could be sooner. Any input Bones? Peace.

Glad things are looking a little better for you. We'll keep you in our thoughts. Let us know how things go.
skydiveTaylorville.org
[email protected]