PLFXpert

Pets: Rescue or Store/Breeder Purchase?

Which did you buy at the store and why?

(Unfortunately tone and manner can not always be easily transfered into online chat, so for the record I don't mean that question to be antagonistic.)
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

my mini-dachshund came from a breeder because I couldn't find one at a shelter or rescue...

Again, not meaning this to sound antagonistic:

Did you ask the shelters about a wait-list for a mini-dachsh?

my mini-dachshund came from a breeder because I couldn't find one at a shelter or rescue...

Again, not meaning this to sound antagonistic:

Did you ask the shelters about a wait-list for a mini-dachsh?

Waiting wasn't an option since it was to be a birthday gift for my mother.
The only naturals in this sport shit thru feathers...

My cat is a Maine Coon. She came from a breeder.

I worked at an Animal Shelter as a volunteer, so I am definitely all for rescuing and adopting unwanted pets, though.

But the boyfriend had a good experience with a Maine Coon that he had previously and insisted that we get another one. And since she was a gift, who was I to argue? ;)

I love my little puppycat! :)

Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

As for cats, I'm partial to Siamese, Tonkanese or Abbysinian as their fur doesn't seem to affect me as much as most other breeds. Unfortunately, you don't find many of these breeds as rescues, but I've had 2 Siamese rescues & 3 purchased to date.

I can't keep dogs where I stay now, but Bassets & Scottish Terriers are my favourites. My previous 2 dogs were rescues - pavement specials - but my if possible I'd get a (non registered) Scotty again.
A VERY MERRY UNBIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!
D.S # 125

And since she was a gift, who was I to argue? ;)

I can relate to this. Just this past Christmas I was given a giftcard to a pet store I boycott. There was nothing to gain for anyone if I were to have refused the gift. And it's not like I could return the gift card to the store for money back. The money was spent, the store I would not have otherwise supported already had the money, so I called the shelter where we adopted Cruz and asked what they were most in need of.

I bought exactly the gift-card amount for that at the store, then matched it at the store I normally frequent, and Cruz and fam went to play Santa at the shelter. :)