jimmytavino

suggestions for a new home page

well, when i open my internet explorer
it always opens to MSN. com...
a bunch of news stories, and various links to various topics.....

it sort of bores me, and so I am wondering what would be a good replacement for it...

i am sure that there are hundreds to consider....
... i am looking for one, with news, information, humor, etc...

any ideas???
thanx

jimmy :)

Well, first switch to Firefox... ;)

I second that! No Internet Exploder for me... ;)

I have my homepage set to blank page - my browser opens and is ready for business so much faster.
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterward.

Accidents don't just happen. They must be carelessly planned.

i use www.google.com/ig and i love it. you can add as many news sources, blogs, applications, etc. and choose where everything goes. it's a nice clean look since it doesnt have any ads or banners. and of course, it serves as a google search page.

on mine i have my gmail, bookmarks, local weather and dz weather, quote of the day, to-do list, date and time, and news headlines. very convenient as a homepage.

i use www.google.com/ig and i love it. you can add as many news sources, blogs, applications, etc. and choose where everything goes. it's a nice clean look since it doesnt have any ads or banners. and of course, it serves as a google search page.

on mine i have my gmail, bookmarks, local weather and dz weather, quote of the day, to-do list, date and time, and news headlines. very convenient as a homepage.

Gotta agree with this. I use iGoogle too and I like the ability to customize it a lot. There's even a LP ount down!
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

Gotta agree with this. I use iGoogle too and I like the ability to customize it a lot. There's even a LP ount down!

Are you using my gadget? :o Or is there another one out there?
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Are you using my gadget? :o Or is there another one out there?

Yours of course dear! I am not just some fickle jerk that goes about using just anybody's gadget. :o
"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me" Dorothy

With IE7 or FireFox, here's a couple of tricks

I. As others mentioned iGoogle is fun.
It can make tabs and you can:
1. Add a variety of gadgets to each tab
2. Move the gadets around on each tab
3. Add themes to each tab

See attachment 1 (then click iGoogle in the top right portion of your screen and play).

II. Opening Multiple IE7 or Firefox tabs to different pages.

Lets say you want your iGoogle, dropzone.com, yahoo, msn.com and scholar.google.com to all open at the same time when you click on your internet browser.

1. In IE7, go to Tools> Internet Options - where there will be a home page text box
2. Type in the the URL's of those website in the order you wish them to appear - See attachment 2
3. Select OK and the next time you reboot IE7 or FireFox, all those tabs will contain the URLs of preference - See attachment 3

Have fun with the gadgets and themes...
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

I have a home made page as my home page. It's got links separeted in colored boxes and a weather underground weather ticker at the top. All bank related links are in green. My son's school website. My business websites. My dev and live sites. List of local theaters. All sectioned in their own colored box.

:S

And my husband says I'm OCD.

~ Lisa
~ Do you Rigminder?