galvar2439

Thinking of Moving to Prauge

Well my daughter has on more year of high school then off to college she goes.
Thats when i think it would be a nice change of pace ond scenery to live in Prauge. I really enjoy it there and its central enough for me to keep working in Europe. Can always put kid on plane to come and visit, I think it would be great for her to travel around in Europe and experience life before its realities kick in full time.
Any folks out there living there now or maybe another big city.
So i just broke up with this woman who wasn't even my girlfriend!

Hellfish #782, POPS #10664

I've been to Karlovy Vary (IIRC correctly, about 1.5 hours drive from Prague) a few times. They used to have an AN-2 DZ there, don't know if it's still active, though. Pete Marsden used to do a boogie out there in the first week of August, again, I don't know if that's still going on or not, either.

Klatovy is another DZ in the area - looking at the map, it would probably be about the same distance from Prague. I think they still do the Pink Boogie out there...
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I know an American couple who lived in Prague for about 15 years and worked as teachers. They just moved back here so their kids could be closer to family, but if it wasn't for the kids I think they would have stayed there. They loved it!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I spent a couple of years living in Neubrucke, Germany. It was like being at the four corners of culture. One could easily drive to Belgium, France, Switzerland, Austria, the Netherlands, etc.

For us Yanks, it's no different than driving around a large State and being in different counties. Each country with a different culture, some cross-blended.. it was a wonderful time. Never made it to Prague, but it was on the list and one of those places I regret not going.

Enjoy.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Beautiful city, of course, but oddly marred by graffiti. I mean the whole place up to a height of 9 or 10 feet is smothered in scrawl.

And the locals are a bit surly. I actually kind of like it that they don't feel they have to turn on the smarm, but if you're used to a high level of customer service I'd say you're in for a surprise. ;) On the plus side, if you steer clear of the tourist areas then everything is cheap as chips.

Beautiful city, of course, but oddly marred by graffiti. I mean the whole place up to a height of 9 or 10 feet is smothered in scrawl.

And the locals are a bit surly. I actually kind of like it that they don't feel they have to turn on the smarm, but if you're used to a high level of customer service I'd say you're in for a surprise. ;) On the plus side, if you steer clear of the tourist areas then everything is cheap as chips.

Yes i have been there several times and all over Europe, it just happens to be one of my favorites. I work alot in Europe and all over the US, so it doesn't matter where i start my travels from. Thanks for the the input. Its like a huge DZ, you can always find a party

i've got a friend living over there, has been for about 4 years i think. let me know if you want me to put you in touch with him!

That would be great, i go back there in August and from there my first trip to India.