wayne8577

Quasar II

Can anyone tell me about a Quasar II ? I'm considering one for my son's first rig with a 190 in it.

I've been jumping one recently (with a 190!). It fits really well and has good pin protection. I haven't run across any major problems but I'm just a young'un too.

My only issue is that this one still has soft cut away housings.
Scars remind us that the past is real

Not meaning to start a brand war but a guy I jump with just got one and paid more than I did for my wings container. The general consensus at my DZ is that quasar's are pretty cheaply made, now whether that's true or not is strictly an opinion but in terms of resale that opinion goes along way.

Not meaning to start a brand war but a guy I jump with just got one and paid more than I did for my wings container. The general consensus at my DZ is that quasar's are pretty cheaply made, now whether that's true or not is strictly an opinion but in terms of resale that opinion goes along way.

Ted Strong is, has and will be one of a few "straight up guys'" you will ever find in this industry. Not all of his products are "pretty" but he has a well earned reputation for giving a damn about what he produces. His products are functional WELL BUILT and reliable. There is nothing "cheap" about ANYTHING Ted builds. I say this as a former competitor of his and a user of his products many years ago. Ted Strong gives a damn!!! Period! You'll do fine with the Quaser II. Rest easy.

Mick.

That is the pot calling the kettle black. The general consensus at the DZs I jump at is the wings is cheaply made, and quasars are so rare I don't hear anyone voicing an opinion.

2 DZ's with 2 opinions.

I get my rigs from a team. We have used 5 different makers over the last 8 years. Including the two in the discussion.

Both the Wings and the Quasar II are a good rig.

The cost may be different but you have to remember how long each company (the individuals have been building rigs about the same length of time) has been around. A new company may be less expensive to get a share of the market, and an older company has its share and reputation built.

Aside from Sunpath and the Relative Workshop, my opinion is that rigs are territorial and that is from the DZ staffs affiliation or lack of.
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!