BillyVance

Asshole

Agree with this guy.. i personally hate and wish death upon those people who have 2-3 lanes to get over to let you merge but instead stay in thier lane with NOBODY else around them. Then look at you like you are the moron. The ppl that speed up are fun too. I personally love down shifting when someone is tailgating me. B|

Millions of my potential children died on your daughters' face last night.

Yeah, if somebody's tailgating me on a local street with no easy way to get by me, I slow down to 2 mph under the speed limit. Drives them insane. :D

Some of the worst offenders are 18 wheelers... on the highway there are some that'll hog the left (fast) lane and stay there, and be damned what others think, that are stuck behind them. I go around them all the time via the right lane if I have clearance, no point in sitting behind them. Three times I have seen 18 wheelers just run a rolling road block side-by-side for miles and miles and backing up traffic behind them, and there's nothing in front of them if you can see beyond them. Those are the ones that really piss me off. >:( I used the emergency shoulder to pass them. :ph34r: Pissed THEM off though. :D Fuck 'em.

I really don't do the crazy stuff anymore though, and yeah I could probably write a book on my experiences... :D:D:D

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Yeah, if somebody's tailgating me on a local street with no easy way to get by me, I slow down to 2 mph under the speed limit. Drives them insane.

HAHA I LOVE doing that... If I'm in the mood and I see some asswipe weaving in and out of traffic etc I will go out of my way to get in front of him and slow down.. It is esp funny when you see aforementioned asshole darting out of traffic cutting ppl off.. and still get stopped at the traffic light.. Seriously I think I would jizz in my pants for a cop to be there and see it just ONCE.

It is esp funny when you see aforementioned asshole darting out of traffic cutting ppl off.. and still get stopped at the traffic light.. Seriously I think I would jizz in my pants for a cop to be there and see it just ONCE.

Just once.... just once would I love for a cop to bust the sumbitch for that shit. Never happened yet and I've seen plenty of them. I did however, watch a trooper that I passed turn on his lights and get into traffic (it was heavy), and I wondered why. I was in the left lane and moved to the right when I saw him approaching. He pulled over a business van that was in front of me. Apparently for tail-gating the car in front of him. :D And another time while in college when I was driving back to my apt (within the speed limit) and I see a car rapidly approaching me from behind and then the lights of the police car behind him. They pulled off the road behind me. :D

Then there's the time I was driving back home from Mobile, AL going up I-65 in the ol' Porsche 914. I was going 80 (standard speed for me on the wide open rural highway). I came upon this car that was full of African Americans (blacks). It refused to let me pass and sped up to stay ahead. I pressed. Up to 90... then 100... then 110 mph for 3 miles before I decided fuck 'em and let them go and I dropped back to 80, and they went out of sight.

15 miles up the road I saw 2 trooper cars with all the lights ablaze, and I slowed just enough to get a good look. Yup, it was the car full of assholes and all the assholes were out of the car with their hands on the car and their legs spread out, with the trunk open. Made my day!

:D:D:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

15 miles up the road I saw 2 trooper cars with all the lights ablaze, and I slowed just enough to get a good look. Yup, it was the car full of assholes and all the assholes were out of the car with their hands on the car and their legs spread out, with the trunk open. Made my day!

I would of spunked all over my dash board to see something like that.

If you were to spend some time trucking you might see it in a different point of view. When I ran the left lane, you wouldn't have been able to pass on the right, unless your doing close to or above triple digits, it's called a "large car".

Three times I have seen 18 wheelers just run a rolling road block side-by-side for miles and miles and backing up traffic behind them, and there's nothing in front of them if you can see beyond them.

One thing that a lot of stupid people who operate 4 wheelers don't seem to understand about 85% of the trucks on the road today is..... The big name companies all use fuel flow controls, this will limit the top end speed for the tractors, some as low as 62, 65 MPH, Schnider use to have theirs set to 58. With qualcomm installed, dispatch can set the fuel flow for the state the tractor is running in by remote, they can turn it up or down, so you find yourself stuck behind J.B. Hunt trying to pass SWIFT (sure wish I had a fast truck) and those two guys seem to be in a slow race to get to nowhere.

They trade off back and forth a little incline, not much needed and 80K loaded will take a few miles to get around and complete the pass.

Maybe you could go spend a month or so out trucking and you have a little more respect for what it takes to keep the rubber on the road while dealing with morons behind the wheel of 4 wheelers who pass on the right or shoulder, then you have the death wish retards who get pissed off, pass and get in front and then slam on the brakes in front of that 18 wheeler. I've seen all in 20 plus years of trucking.
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

then you had the death wish retards who get pissed off, pass and get in front and then slam on the brakes in front of that 18 wheeler

Thats smart.. I used to drive a fire engine and several times have i seen people think about pulling out.. then do it right in front of us. 50K truck doesnt exactly stop fast.

then you had the death wish retards who get pissed off, pass and get in front and then slam on the brakes in front of that 18 wheeler

Thats smart.. I used to drive a fire engine and several times have i seen people think about pulling out.. then do it right in front of us. 50K truck doesnt exactly stop fast.

That, I have seen before. Even I wouldn't do it. I mean, yeah, I've shot through the gap in front of a stubborn trucker many times, but doing that and then stomping the brakes? No fucking way. One time I was on the highway behind this beat up little red car who was behind an 18 wheeler in the left lane. Believe it or not, the 18 wheeler stuck in the left lane for 18 MILES!!!! I would normally be pissed but I had to admit I laughed at the redneck in the red car get all pissed off, flipping the bird and motioning to the trucker to move over, etc.. There was hardly any opportunity to get around the truck using the right lane, and the truck was going 70.

Then finally we reached the point where the interstate widened to 3 lanes and the trucker did move over to the middle lane and what I saw next astounded me. The redneck pulled up to just in front of the trucker, feigned two swerves at him, then cut right in front, while I was almost alongside the trucker. THEN he slammed his brakes and I stomped the gas pedal to get the hell out of there. Nothing in front of me. I don't know how the 18 wheeler managed not to ram into the redneck car (must have already delivered and emptied its load). They were still duking it out a mile behind me and nobody behind them dared to pass! :S

Strato, I understand your point, but have you driven through Alabama lately? Most of the trucks speed here. Not uncommon to see most of them going 70 to 80 through my area, as we just don't have enough troopers to keep a lid on things.

If they would simply move the fuck over to the right lane or work together to merge to the right side especially when going up hills, traffic would move a lot better. We also don't need some egomaniac with a full load hogging the left lane and pissing everybody else off. What gets me is they still ride the left lane when the right lane is clear around them and they won't move over. Then when someone tries to get around them, the truckers sometimes will speed up to close the next gap just to spite the car drivers. I see this almost every day I'm on the highway.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of them having speed governance devices at least limiting their speed to 70, especially because they drive way too fast here. I've seen a lot of them go over 80 mph and if a wreck unrelated to them happens in front of them, there's no way to stop in time. I just want them to move the fuck over when the lane to the right of them is clear. That is all. Leave the rolling roadblocks to the state troopers. :S

The last time I blasted past a rolling road block I discovered the cause was a trooper doing the limit.

I was already pulling over when he lit the mars bar.
He was cool about it and let me slide because I rattled off most of my record and let him look in my trunk.

He laughed when I answered yes to having a lot of money on me. I had $600 cash.

He laughed harder when I suggested he hold his nose when looking in my dirty clothes bag, becasuse it actually contained smelly laundry.

PULL!
jumpin_Jan
"Dangerous toys are fun but ya could get hurt" -- Vash The Stampede

You know whats fun?

Both you and the other driver were driving reckless and were in the wrong.

In those situations I like the "horn" in my car, it works like a champ.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."