saxboy

Performance variable "Cayenne"

Just because it is the cheapest doesn't make it a good deal. To be fair, I've not had any dealings with the "new" Triathon, but have had many problems with the "old" ones opening had, and not landing as nice as a Spectre.

I can say the same. Cayenne is just 995 Euros. And whay do you know about Cayenne?

I think Triathon has earned its reputation. Check Triathon thread.

Hi!
I have a used gear without cypres and main canopy.I asked for the cayenne because i am from europe and if i buy something from USA i will pay a lot of money for custom fees.:-(((
The cayenne costs only 995 euro and i will not pay in the customs ;-)
If has anybody jumped with this canopy please i want to tell me his opinion.
Thanks

I've now 65 jumps on my Cayenne 170. It opens very well as long as you roll in the nose. It have a good flare. And even if your body position isn't very well, it still opens good. Isn't hard to pack as other new canopies. I'm jumping it with wingload 1.1 and i'm very satisfied.

I've got 40 or so jumps on a Cayenne 170. I wasn't impressed. Unlike the poster above me I found the Cayenne to be very sensitive to body position on opening. Drop a shoulder and you're in for an interesting ride. I also had some very brisk/hard openings on this canopy. Like Matthijs already stated you need to "roll" the nose of the canopy to tame the openings. I found that rolling the nose promotes off-heading openings. Add this to the sensitivity to body position, well you do the math ;)

I flew very nice though. It's very responsive to toggle input, and it can turn on a dime. It also has a very good glide ratio. This really helps if the spot is long.

The recovery arc on the other hand is very short or instant. It also has the tendency to pop up when you let go of the front riser. Even when you let up the front riser very easy. And front riser pressure builds up very fast to. It isn't the easiest canopy to swoop on.

If you're really interested in the Cayenne try to get a hold of a demo and jump it yourself. Get a feel for the canopy and then make up your mind.

Grtz. karma

I have a used gear without cypres and main canopy.I asked for the cayenne because i am from europe and if i buy something from USA i will pay a lot of money for custom fees.:-(((
The cayenne costs only 995 euro and i will not pay in the customs ;-)

I live in (Finland)Europe too. Let me count for you $700 * 1.27 ( 22% VAT + 7% import tax is $903 ~ 746.838 EUR.

You are a fool. When $ is weak its better to buy from US.

And when its time for sell it, none knows if you bought for 800 Euros or 1700 Euros. Delivery might cost about 50 euros, but you can get something for 800 euros that worth 1700 Euros! Think. I don't say anything about "Cayenne", but might have a better deal now.

2 years ago I was wondering about to buy a "Cayenne". I've seen "introductory jump" section in its manual, because "the material is stretching...."......

Send an e-mail to Performance Variable and they will ship you the demo-canopy (risers included) for free.
The only thing you have to do is to jump that demo and after 4 weeks you will have to send it back.
You will have to pay for the costs to send it back.

You can find there contact ifnormation on:
http://www.myskyshop.com/catalog/contact_us.php?osCsid=5968744997570b9bfbfdff3ab2b27721

Porbably in Finland you have different custom rules..
A friend of mine ordered 2 canopies from US (reserve-main) and one of his friend from US send them to Greece as a "Used skydiving equipment-Gift" My friend called to pay 30% of the value and he still waiting the canopies(4 months in Greek customs)!!!!!!!
I am fool??
I am still waiting my rig from US (2 months)with the same procedure as above!!!
You still believe that i am fool???

Hi there,

I'm interested in that canopy as well, to get it as my first rig. But I'm looking for a second hand. Is quite difficult to decide what to buy specially if you don't have a big experience.
Any information will be very helpful.
Regards
JanuszPS (Europe zone ;-)
Back to Poland... back home.