goofyjumper

USAA Insurance

I'd like to give my money to a company like that, one that remembers that they are EARNING you business.

To bad I'm not eligible.[:/]

What makes you not eligible to go to them?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I'd like to give my money to a company like that, one that remembers that they are EARNING you business.

To bad I'm not eligible.[:/]

What makes you not eligible to go to them?

Children of USAA members.
Active-duty officers and enlisted personnel.
National Guard and Selected Reserve officers and enlisted personnel.
Officer candidates in commissioning programs (Academy, ROTC, OCS/OTS)
Breathe out so I can breathe you in...

Been with USAA since becoming a WO1 in 1984! After hurricane Ivan, they were "johnny on the spot" with my home repairs! Wouldn't change for the world!B|

"You made my panties wet!" Skymama (Fitz 09)
"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Been with USAA since becoming a WO1 in 1984! After hurricane Ivan, they were "johnny on the spot" with my home repairs! Wouldn't change for the world!

Exactly! They do what they say they are going to do. I crashed my motorcycle in 2001. The adjuster showed up when he said was going to. Made his report. Asked ME if there is anything else he could do. Customer service is just top notch. Plus the price is great. Nobody can come close and I have looked. I love it when Geico, StateFarm or somebody calls telling me how much I could save until I tell them how much I pay. They politely say "Goodbye"
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

They are the only bank and up until recently the only insurance company I've ever known. I was very upset recently when I bought a motorcycle because apparently they aren't in the business of taking any new motorcycle policies at the moment (at least not in Texas). So now I'm serviced by "Progressive, for USAA Members."

I've never even investigated other companies for a price difference, but I would pay more to keep them. I went through the total loss of the camper I was living in following a hurricane and the process was amazing.

And deposit at home! It took me a few months to find out you could scan your checks into your bank account, but holy crap that's convenient. Hope everyone's bank does it that way!
Killing threads since 2004.

Often times, if you find a place with a better rate, they'll fight to keep your business. Another Marine in my class found a cheaper rate with Geico. He talked to them and they cut their rate to $100 lower than Geico for the 6 month premium. He went back to Geico for a counter-offer and they said they couldn't go any lower. I hear nothing but good things about USAA.:)

Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

i've had good experiences with them in the past, but recently with some insurance claims they have let me down, i had one incident that i signed a non disclosure on and another for renters when i spilled some liquid on my buddies computer. bit other than that i cant complain
Fly it like you stole it

I despise USAA. I had an accident in August 2006, and they have raised my rates three times since then 'due to accident on VEH 03.' I call them every renewal period to complain, and every renewal period they tell me I could lower my rates if I got a higher deductible. Uh, no. Other than that, I had my car repaired by one of their 'preferred shops' and two years later, the claim is still open because of the shop's work (headlights off-centered, paint peeling, etc.). Unfortunately, because of the accident, if I try to go somewhere else, I'll get fucked because of that being on my record. I plan to change insurance companies in August 2009 when the accident falls off my record.

"I had a dude tip his black cowboy hat to me after I provided him with a condom outside my hotel room at 3-something in the morning." -myself