Squeak

Car hire charges

So i am (was) thinking about driving from Florida to LA, taking in a few detours along the way.

I get a quote from Dollar which is good (used them before and very happy with the service then) but they want to charge me $1200.00 as a fee to drop the car in LA:o:o WTF.

Anyone know of other rental agents that DONT slugg that sort of fee?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I've only used Enterprise and Budget. They both seem to be affordable and accomodative in the situations when I've needed them.

BTW..."Care Hire Charges" ..the title of your thread...what does that mean exactly?:S

BTW..."Care Hire Charges" ..the title of your thread...what does that mean exactly?:S

It means i dont proof read:P
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

B-b-but...you claim to be a TEACHER?B|:Dthat would seem to me that you would be very particular about typos and correct grammar;):P SLACKER!!!:ph34r:

B-b-but...you claim to be a TEACHER?B|:Dthat would seem to me that you would be very particular about typos and correct grammar;):P SLACKER!!!:ph34r:

I teach Science Maths and Computing, I dont give a fat rats arse about proof reading
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

All of the car rental places price the initial charge as a round trip. When you ae doing a 1 way trip they usually have to arrange to get a replacement car brought back to the original location to replinish its inventory. If its all the way arcoess the country then LA needs to figure out how to get rid of one of its cars from its inventory and FL needs to figure out how to get a replacement for its inventory. That fee is about in line with what I've been quoted for other potential 1 way trips in the past from about all the agencies.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com