AggieDave

Indiana Jones 4

like i said way to up tight:D:D:D I also spotted a lot of flaws, but i go to the cinema for escapism, not to pull the piss out of the film at every oportunity.

It entertained me and a whole load of other people there that's ALL that is important to me.
If I want to watch D&M type moves I don't look to Hollywierd

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I'm a huge comic book fanboy and have been for years. I was able to escape and enjoy most comic movies in the last few years and feel that flicks like Batman Begins and Ironman were incredible and more than just comic book adaptations. I saw flaws but found nothing to nitpick. Frank Miller has always been one of my all time favorite artists and his work on The Dark Knight Returns, Year One and Sin City were always in the tops of my collection. The Sin City movie was a work of genius and Batman Begins did fantastic job of adopting the Year One story line. However there were films like Perdition Road and X-Men that were not all that close to the source material and I still enjoyed them despite many of their major flaws.

Indiana Jones 4 is just an abortion of a movie on so many levels. I'm certain it will be used as an example in film classes on how not to make a movie. I would go so far to say that the movie will have more than a 50% falloff in revenue this coming weekend and by the end of the summer Batman and Ironman will have made more money than it.

If you want to see me get all fanboy-ish, ask me to talk about The Watchmen and how nervous I am that it was finally made into a movie and will be released in March. There isn't a better comic/grapic novel out there and shows like Heroes have directly ripped some of their story lines out of it.

edit to add: If you have watched the fan feedback about Indy 4 on Rottentomatoes.com over the weekend you would have seen it gone from a 90% initial down to 60-ish% as of this morning. With Ironman you had the inverse happen. Most of the local morning shows here were all giving it negative reviews. Word of mouth will kill this movie.

I'm not alone in thinking this either. No one in my office enjoyed the movie and I've only spoken to one person that had anything good to say about it.

Then on one of my favorite movie watching blogs I found this today:
We got over 2025 votes on our poll and 266 comments. While the majority of readers who voted in the poll Loved the film (41%, while 18% voted “It Sucked”), the comments on the post were largely negative. I decided since you guys put the work in, I’d dig through the comments and bring you a best of - a compilation of the funniest or most interesting comments left about Indy 4. Enjoy!

Josh: “I totally cracked my friend up at the end of the movie when I turned to him and said “I know I’m Jewish and all, and I can’t believe I’m going to say this… but I miss the Nazis.”“

jonny: “Fake us all out with a big trailer that makes you think this film is huge and will fucking suck. But instead the film is only 15 minutes long and ends with him dying in a nuclear explosion… Thank you for treating me with respect!”

Greg: “How many people loved Transformers last year? I did. But, the story… aliens come down from another planet and turn themselves into cars. How is that different (or more importantly, more believable) than the central theme in Crystal Skull?”

Rob: “The top 5 things I hate about this movie (in no particular order). WARNING - SPOILER ALERT! 1. INDY SURVIVES A NUCLEAR BLAST - WTF? 2. Shia swings from vines in the jungle with a family of monkeys - I shit you not. 3. They drive a jeep over three 100 foot waterfalls and survive without a scratch. 4. Space aliens and a UFO does not belong in an Indiana Jones film! 5. Kate Blanchet’s character is destroyed by knowlege; really? If I see George Lucas out in public I’m gonna punch him in his turkey neck.”

Seth Rogen: “Hey you! Yeah, I’m talkin’ to you. If you’re an adult and you hated this Indiana Jones film, that’s because you went to a kids flick. Kids movies are ridiculous because kids are insane by nature. If you want to see an action movie for grownups go see Pineapple Express out August 8th. Word”

Cogezek: “It kind of felt like they rewrote the script dozens of times over 19-20 years.”

marcomc2: “I just got back from a midnight soul raping thunder slaughter of shit.”

Justin: “I like that aliens are too hard for people to believe but mystically powerful Jewish zombie wine cups are okay.”

Thumb: “So I’d say that George Lucas didn’t rape the corpse of my childhood, but he gave it a good, rough tongue-kissing. … There will be no aliens in X-Files, but there ARE aliens in Indiana Jones? Am I on earth 2?”

Simon: ”Harrsison and Shia made a sterling effort to try and turn a big steaming pile of dog turd into something watchable. … I’m going to take a deep breathe and count backwards from ten, and forget this film ever happened.”

Tom: “Awful. I knew it was going to be bad as soon as it was revealed that evil Commie Cate Blanchette revealed she was psychic.”

Simon: “If you’re an Indy fan then prepare yourself for two hours of cinematic soddemy.”

Allynd Dudnikov: “This was the best Allan Quartermain movie yet! …oh wait.”

Captain Awesome: “Indiana Jones: National Treasure 3” … “The cock-slapping plants were hilarious.”

790: “Maybe for the disinfranchised fans we can have Indy digging up dinosaur bones in the next film, while Mutt goes back to high school and trys to cope with the divorse?? Meanwhile Marion can sue for Indys college retirement pension and setup a restraining order? Would that ground the film in reality for ya?????”

You left out one . . .

Mutt has just distracted the guards in the jungle camp. Indy, Marian, Mutt and the old crazy guy are running through the jungle when Indy and Marian become trapped in quicksand (oh no, it's not quicksand . . . whatever). Indy and Marian remain standing upright as they slowly sink into the sand (This is stupid. All they have to do is fall over and they'd be safe). Indy tells Mutt to go get some rope and the crazy guy to get help. Eventually Mutt comes back with a snake to pull them out.

UH . . . where the F is Indy's whip at this moment?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I LOVED it and if you're looking for accuracy you should look into your own head.

Do you go see Spiderman, Ironman, Batman (wait, there's too many MANS in this reference!) but even documentary film shows its' POV.

I love the new Indy. I love INDY!

....now..if you don't like the script..go back and look at the shots and editing..Lucas and Speilberg have a formula that works...I don't think Steven should be writing but thats NYU's fault. They turn out techs and not researchers, but, do what you gotta do...its a CU and NYU thang...but...

...if you have to go to the movies to pick a film apart...don't go rEad the credits...Jakes a lot of work~~April
PS..yes my name is up there

Camelot II, the Electric Boogaloo!

I LOVED it and if you're looking for accuracy you should look into your own head.

Do you go see Spiderman, Ironman, Batman (wait, there's too many MANS in this reference!) but even documentary film shows its' POV.

Accuracy? Realism? Don't care about that. If I did I would talk about gold/gun powder and magnetism.

It was a terrible movie. It had no story to tell.

I didn't rip into Batman Begins because it was good, the same for Ironman. Spiderman 3 suffered from the same issues as Indy: It was just bad, poor direction, terrible script and couldn't tell a story.

btw, I went and saw it again with some free tickets. It gets worse on repeat viewings.

It was a terrible movie. It had no story to tell.

One of the most important (to me) aspects of successful film making is the ability of the story tellers to draw you in to caring one way or another about the characters. This thing was so slapdash that I honestly could not care one way or the other about the characters. I nearly fell asleep during the movie, and that's saying something, as I typically can't believe a (good) movie has ended. I mean, in well-told stories, you literally loathe or despise the "bad guys" in some way, shape or form. In this film, I could not become emotionally invested in ANY of the characters, "good" or "evil". And I went into the theater EXPECTING to like this movie.

I gave it a "meh".
Kevin - Sonic Beef #5 - OrFun #28
"I never take myself too seriously, 'cuz everybody know fat birds don't fly." - FLC
Online communities: proof that people never mature much past high school.