Whiskeyboi

SDC Etiquette/Advice

So…weather permitting, Saturday looks like it’ll be tandem #2. (Apologies in advance to whichever TM gets stuck with me.) Unlike last time (did the jump in the morning and had to go to work after) I’ve actually got the day off!

So…can anyone who works at or frequents Skydive Chicago suggest ways to spend the day? (No family to bring and the friends are either working or happy staying on the ground.) Also, any tips on etiquette would be useful. (I could spend an hour or so just taking photos or watching people pack, but that might be a bit too sketchy.) Any advice/propositions would be welcome. I’ve got a cooler in the back – I’m not afraid to fill it. (Actually, I’d kind of like an excuse to…been too long since I’ve had any real fun…drink requests?)

Many thanks…

Woo hoo! Congrats!

First of all, walk around aimlessly and try to find people like Sunny, me, Beth, Kallend, etc, and say hello to us! :)
Other things you can do there are kayaking, pond swimming (I usually save that until midnight or so, though), making fun of people (done throughout the day), watching people pack (preferably my rig), or watching skydiving videos (always a good time.) As far as drink requests, the Tiki Hut has all sorts of magical liquids! I find that if you plop a credit card down there, it makes a lot of people really happy.

Etiquette? At a dropzone? :P

There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

watching people pack (preferably my rig),

Pretty sure we had more fun watching someone else pack his own rig the other day....:D

whiskeyboi ~ definitely come find me & val...we're not too hard to find, or you can always ask anyone to point us out. :)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Other things you can do there are kayaking, pond swimming (I usually save that until midnight or so, though), making fun of people (done throughout the day), watching people pack (preferably my rig), or watching skydiving videos (always a good time.) As far as drink requests, the Tiki Hut has all sorts of magical liquids! I find that if you plop a credit card down there, it makes a lot of people really happy.

Thanks for the suggestions...feel free to make fun of me all you want...I'm used to it.:P

Thanks for the suggestions...feel free to make fun of me all you want...I'm used to it.:P

You'll fit right in! And if ANYONE gives you the suggestion to visit a shoe store, take their advice! I always do! ;)

whiskeyboi ~ definitely come find me & val...we're not too hard to find, or you can always ask anyone to point us out. :)

Thanks for the hospitality. Anything other than the credit card for the Tiki Hut I can bring? I'm a big fan of not coming to parties empty-handed...

Thanks for the hospitality. Anything other than the credit card for the Tiki Hut I can bring? I'm a big fan of not coming to parties empty-handed...

You can't bring your own alcohol to the tiki hut, so don't even worry about that.

Do NOT listen to val about the shoe store - avoid the shoe store at all costs!! Last time i went i was out til 5:00am.

Oh, and when you decide to go on and do your AFP training, keep in mind that Val is indeed an instructor so you might get stuck with her. :)

I get a Mike hug! I get a Mike hug!

Oh goodness...that's where I did my first two tandems..@ Skydive Chicago with Justin Bushman. That is the start of your new addiction. Brace yourself, and your bank account:D. Plan to be there all weekend and enjoy the facilities. They have it all there, as well as great people.

I look forward to hearing about your experience.:)

Be sure to follow Vallerina around like a puppy and offer to open every door you come to for her. Also offer to pick things up for her. :)

"No cookies for you"- GFD
"I don't think I like the sound of that" ~ MB65
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

And to really fit in. When there is a large crowd gathered, go up behind Vallerina, grab her ponytails and yell "Giddy-Up".

Oh, and be sure to bring some ice-cream for Sunny.
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

And to really fit in. When there is a large crowd gathered, go up behind Vallerina, grab her ponytails and yell "Giddy-Up".

Let's see...judging this crowd...hmmm...Val has hair extensions and Sunny is lactose intolerant?

Let's see...judging this crowd...hmmm...Val has hair extensions and Sunny is lactose intolerant?
Not exactly. :P
Don't be a "Racer Hater"

Damn! But still...judging this crowd...do I get points for the logical progression? :P

Silly man, don't you know any logical progression would lead you into something to do with sex?!!

Damn! But still...judging this crowd...do I get points for the logical progression? :P

Silly man, don't you know any logical progression would lead you into something to do with sex?!!

Now, now...a gentleman would not make such comments...

(Wait, then how the hell did I miss that?!?!?)

Ummm...Sunny really is lactose intolerant....I thought everyone knew that.

And as far as my pigtails....it's really for people to steer me to the right slot when I get lost.

Woo hoo! Congrats!

First of all, walk around aimlessly and try to find people like Sunny, me, Beth, Kallend, etc, and say hello to us! :)

Can I come too? :)
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

Woo hoo! Congrats!

Can I come too? :)

Oh....so you gonna bring the ice cream for Sunny then?

So…weather permitting, Saturday looks like it’ll be tandem #2. (Apologies in advance to whichever TM gets stuck with me.) Unlike last time (did the jump in the morning and had to go to work after) I’ve actually got the day off!

So…can anyone who works at or frequents Skydive Chicago suggest ways to spend the day? (No family to bring and the friends are either working or happy staying on the ground.) Also, any tips on etiquette would be useful. (I could spend an hour or so just taking photos or watching people pack, but that might be a bit too sketchy.) Any advice/propositions would be welcome. I’ve got a cooler in the back – I’m not afraid to fill it. (Actually, I’d kind of like an excuse to…been too long since I’ve had any real fun…drink requests?)

Many thanks…

Just start talking to people, I spent the entire Memorial day weekend there with my daughter and thought she would be bored out of her mind. She had a great time and so did i. I have been to 9 DZ's and this place is definitely the best. No worries. Val and Sunshine can show you the ropes, uuuhhh they may tie you up for awhile, just breath slow and the correct answer to any question is" thank you ma'am may i have another".
So i just broke up with this woman who wasn't even my girlfriend!

Hellfish #782, POPS #10664