skyfox69

Any Info on a Strong Z-PO 190

I have one in my shop for repair with the two center load ribs TORN UP at the a line attachment. I would suspect "opens hard" would be accurate.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

That sort of damage usually happens to people who don't know how to wrap rubber bands TIGHTLY around suspension line stows.

When Strong Enterprises introduced their Z-Po series of mains (circa 1993) it was seen as another Sabre clone, albeit with a short recovery arch. The short recovery arch was designed to save stupid people (hanging under their first ZP canopy) who toggle-hooked too low.

Hey
I am looking for information on a Z-PO main 190.
Would appreciate any words about the canopy and how it opens, flies, or any other info.
thanks
skyfox69

I have one...and have jumped it and the Zpo 170 quite a bit...

I load the 190 at about 1:5 when doing demos, and have never had a problem with it either on opening or landing. It is a tiny bit more docile than a sabre turning, but for me opens and lands more consistently predictable.

A friend had one 'blow' on opening too...tore a center cell bottom skin...after watching him pack, I attributed it directly to his packing technique.

Especially when I found out it was his third canopy torn up in about the same way!

I like the Zpo line of canopies as a 'middle of the road' choice..and am in fact considering getting a 210 as well.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

A friend had one 'blow' on opening too...

What stuck in my mind from the manufacturer's video on the Z-Po was how carefully it was packed. While I don't recall the specifics, it may have shown the nose being carefully rolled, the slider carefully positioned, and the tail carefully and tightly rolled.

All that seemed to be a big hint about how the thing might be expected to open!

(Not unexpected really, for a Sabre-like canopy from the early Sabre era.)

A friend had one 'blow' on opening too...

What stuck in my mind from the manufacturer's video on the Z-Po was how carefully it was packed. While I don't recall the specifics, it may have shown the nose being carefully rolled, the slider carefully positioned, and the tail carefully and tightly rolled.

All that seemed to be a big hint about how the thing might be expected to open!

(Not unexpected really, for a Sabre-like canopy from the early Sabre era.)

I haven't seen the video, but trust me...I'm not a meticulous packer!
('Sparky' saw me pack a few times and asked.."How long you been jumping?"):ph34r:

And I've never had a problem with any of my Zop's...
I both PRO and Flat pack them. The guy that blew his up was PRO packing, but not very efficiently IMO.

I don't 'roll' the nose in carefully as you mentioned, it seems to slow down the opening way to much for me...instead I just flake it out evenly, split it left & right, then turn each side inward. I do mummy the rest fairly tight because it's tough to get it in the D bag cleanly if I don't...

I do 'overload' mine when carrying stuff on demos, and have yet to get a snot knocker opening in 4 years of use.

My buddy was laying the slider...folder some funky way, on the outside of the mummy-ed canopy, and was using large rubber bands single stowed, and less than an inch of lines pulled through them....the perfect recipe for bag dump. (The slider is quite large on these canopies and he thought it packed 'cleaner' with it on the outside)

I know Strong Ent. had several demo canopies they send out ...give 'em a call and test them out for yourself.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~