pyrodude

Golden Knights Tandem Jumps

Totally agree with you Quade.
As a further note. Why is the taxpayer paying for their jumps? They can easily afford to pay for their own. But then they wouldn't get as much publicity.
The strong can always afford to be gentle, It is only the weak who need to "give as good as they get."

Why is the taxpayer paying for their jumps?

because they are recruiting events to publicize the Army. "Gee, when I grow up I want to be like that."

Same as when the Blue Angels and Thunderbirds appear at Air Shows to promote those branches of the service.

Also the same as when you see the TV ads "Be All That You Can Be."

We tax payers pay for all of that.
"Harry, why did you land all the way out there? Nobody else landed out there."

"Your statement answered your question."

The Knights are the impressive ones, not the celebrities. I understand the impression left on some people, but I don't agree that the "celebrity" being jumped adds to that for most people.
The strong can always afford to be gentle, It is only the weak who need to "give as good as they get."

Geraldo and Bill Murray made the news in the recent past, but last summer a whole gaggle of Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders made the leap strapped to the chests of the US Army's finest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhw-D8Jk7W0&feature=email

That was a dirty, thankless job, but thank goodness those brave men were willing to do it.;)
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

The Knights are the impressive ones, not the celebrities. I understand the impression left on some people, but I don't agree that the "celebrity" being jumped adds to that for most people

I must disagree. For most folks in our culture, I think "celebrity" is very important. That's why People magazine out sells Parachutist by a zillion to one.

Those cheerleaders were pretty, but I'd rather take a gymnast. Now those women know how to arch.:D

Those cheerleaders were pretty, but I'd rather take a gymnast. Now those women know how to arch.:D

Is this one of those "5th point of attachment" things? :P

Of course, you'd much rather have a gymnast to fuck with under canopy. Only they can contort themselves that much to make it work. :D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban