MrFreefall383

Fitness fools... new thread?

Yeah, to all those idiots who'd rather do cardio than go have a beer, who's still keepin' it real?

I wish I could say I was. SAR season is at its busiest here in Gloucester, and every weekend I've been on recently, we've had at least half a dozen rescue cases. Some have been handled by local harbormasters, some by us, but we always have to get underway, no matter what time of the day or night, up to 30 ft seas and 50 kt winds. Luckily we haven't had it that bad as far as weather, just lots of rain. I've just found that during SAR season, it's damn near impossible to keep a regular workout schedule. I still workout everyday I'm off-duty, but even then it's tough because I just want to catch up on all the sleep I lost. This weekend I got more sleep than usual, but that only amounted to about 12-15 hours total. Two weekends ago was worse, I managed about 10 hours of sleep the entire three days, and in little bits and pieces. Still wouldn't trade it for any job in the world, and I'm still probably going to continue it for another 19 years and 6 months.

On a lighter note, I had to retake my PFT, this time for boat crew qualification, and I smoked the pushups, smoked the situps, and ran my 1.5-mile in 9:53. I had informed my command that I wanted to break the 10-minute mark by the end of September, so I'm well ahead of the curve there. Who else has news?
"If at first you don't succeed... well, so much for skydiving." - aviation cliche

I am down for the moment. Having issues with my lower back/hip. Managed to tweak it while working under the raised floor at work. On top of that I am packing to move.

Hopefully will be back in the gym next week or the week after.
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

I'd rather have the beer!! :P

Doing bodyweight exercises and trying to clean up my eating. Down to 217 from 220 over the weekend, so that's a bit of an improvement, anyway!! The exercises are kicking my ass, but in a good way - my abs sure aren't liking me, though!!

On a lighter note, I had to retake my PFT, this time for boat crew qualification, and I smoked the pushups, smoked the situps, and ran my 1.5-mile in 9:53. I had informed my command that I wanted to break the 10-minute mark by the end of September, so I'm well ahead of the curve there.

Outstanding - congrats, bro!!
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

I pretty much have the worst knees ever. I've seen two docs about it now and I'm considering surgery. I can't even climb stairs (up or down) without being in pain. running is out of the question, as is biking. Even power walking hurts.

this is depressing. [:/]

chondromalaccia patella is apparently my diagnosis.... although I probably spelled it incorrectly.

I finally motivated myself to drag my ass out of bed and go for a bike ride. I did a 40 minute ride, weight training, and did some crunches on my exercise ball. I felt wonderful all day long.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192