Fab

excess steering line

thanks....i will take it to my rigger then. I just followed the pd-manual for attaching the toggle to the line but they didn't mention that

I don't have a PD manual handy but I doubt that's really the way they tell you to do it :o

It's supposed to be: upper steering line with fingertrapped loop at the lower end, connects to lower steering line which has fingertrapped loops at both ends, the lowest loop connects your toggle to your steering line. The lower steering line comes out of the toggle at the top (where your loose end is).

There are other setups but this is most common. A knot instead of the lowest fingertrap can help determining optimal brake settings but I'd rather redo a few fingertraps myself, don't like the possibility of a knot coming loose. Or NEVER coming loose if I want to change settings :P

ciel bleu,
Saskia

That actually IS how the PD manual demonstrates the connection to the toggle. Fab simply needs to run the loose end through the other side of the grommet and fingertrap it. The person fingertrapping the loose end should make sure the end is cut on a bias and NOT singed/burnt/cut with a hot knife. As long as the line is fingertrapped, its not a problem with unraveling, but a hot knifed end of the line inside will eat up the line from the inside and should not be done.

But definetly take it to a rigger and have them check it out.

Cheers,
Travis

Yep....Thank you very much. Thanks for the tip about the 'end not cut with a hot knife/burned' tip. Didn't thought about that one yet.

I'll have my rigger fingertrap the excess line (and take a look how he does that B|)..

I got the PD manual here beside me Saskia ;)..cya next week in Teuge if the weather will improve a bit (snowing here in holland right now >:( ) .

That actually IS how the PD manual demonstrates the connection to the toggle.

Actually, PD has two methods in the manual.

One for Spectra and the other for Polyester or Dacron.

You have 1000 lb Spectra (microline) .

It is tied in a "figure 8" fashion that is to be used for the Dacron.(i.e The wrong version)

That Toggle can come off the way it is tied now.
It needs to be tied the other way.
Also do not cut the excess yet!

But definetly take it to a rigger and have them check it out.

I agree!

Blue ones,

MEL
Skyworks Parachute Service, LLC
www.Skyworksparachuteservice.com

It is tied in a "figure 8" fashion that is to be used for the Dacron.(i.e The wrong version)

That Toggle can come off the way it is tied now.
It needs to be tied the other way.
Also do not cut the excess yet!

Its hard to tell from the photo, but I believe its tied correctly in an overhand knot. Either way, his rigger should inspect it. I recently found a couple rigs with the figure eight knots tying microline to the toggles and as I was taught, they could slip right out. Fixed that one quick. Pretty scary.

Cheers,
Travis