Cashmanimal

FUUUUUUUUUUUU*K

Somehow in a distance of about 200 feet between a restaurant and my house I managed to lose my wallet.

I NEVER let that wallet out of my sight. I check my pocket for it every 10 minutes out of habit.

Hours on the telephone canceling credit cards and such, trying to protect myself (I lost medical cards, driver's license, ugh....)

Not to mention a money order that I meant to take care of Saturday but never made it to the post office... there's money lost for both parties (I think?)

I think I have covered all the bases including setting up a fraud detection protection thingy through Discover.

Can anybody think of anything I haven't done? I really hope some crackhead just picked i up and took the $15 in cash and burned the wallet for warmth.

Lets not forget to mention my 21st birthday is Thursday. It's going to be a blast not having a valid form of ID to get in anywhere or legally purchase and drink anything.

I feel so empty and lost, it's weird.... I feel so incredibly unorganized all of a sudden.
It's all fun and until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye

Go on a walk and check the surrounding few blocks for your wallet in a dumpster. You might find everything but the cash. Sounds far fetched but I have found a number of purses and wallets that way. Turds many times don't want your personal crap, they want the cash and that's it. They don't want the CC's since its too easy to trace. They have no use for your personal information, they just want cash.

Sometimes, though, you get someone who will keep the cards and then try to steal your identity. .
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

If you have a carbon copy of the money order, you might be able to get a stop payment on it (believe it or not). If you don't have the carbon, the place where you purchased the MO might have a record of the MO's unique serial number. But you need to act NOW!

I left mine at Kroger once at the self check out lane. I never do that either, I ALWAYS know where my wallet is. I was in a hurry and had forgotten to pick up something that I needed to complete a recipe . Cancelled everything that night and a gentleman who used it next brought it to me the next day. I think I only had $20 in it and I immediately took it out and gave it to him for being an honest person.:)

Yeah I walked the block a few times and checked the bushes and all the trash cans on the corners. I even put up a few sign offering a cash reward for it hoping returning the rest of the wallet might be some incentive for some of them, but no luck so far.

The crappy part is I live in between a church and two half-way houses. I don't think anybody who walks that sidewalk (there are a lot of tweakers) would have the resources to use much more than the cash.

Oh, did I mention the MOST IRRITATING PART??!?!?!?!!?!!! I do freelance photography and was at the San Francisco Zoo on Saturday. I had taken EVERY SINGLE BUSINESS CARD out of my wallet so I could easily hand them out to people. I usually keep at least 10 in there.... it would have been soooooooo easy to figure out who to call if someone with some integrity found it.

Also, have moved from the address on my driver's license.

My only real concern at this point is my medical cards, since I am on my parent's policies.... my info is safe, but I am pretttttty sure my stepfather's SSN was on the card :/
It's all fun and until someone loses an eye... then it's just a game to find the eye