Xtremeopal

LAX customs

Hey. I was in Perris this March with my university club from the UK, where I had a bit of an accident and ended up with a $10,000+ medical bill!.

It turned out that the insurence company were'nt too forthcoming about this!. However, I would very much like to go back to Perris next Easter.

Question is:Will I get jumped on by LAX customs for having an unpaid medical bill?
Your body; Use it, amuse it. Because one day, you're gonna lose it.

Will I get jumped on by LAX customs for having an unpaid medical bill?

Customs won't, but why don't you work out a payment plan with the hospital? Chances are very high that they'll write down a good portion of what you owe, and you can work out a payment plan that works with your budget - unless of course you're still working with the insurance company to try to get it paid.

You *are* trying to get it paid, aren't you? :S
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

Hey. I was in Perris this March with my university club from the UK, where I had a bit of an accident and ended up with a $10,000+ medical bill!.

It turned out that the insurence company were'nt too forthcoming about this!. However, I would very much like to go back to Perris next Easter.

Question is:Will I get jumped on by LAX customs for having an unpaid medical bill?

Not for having an unpaid medical bill . . .:)
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

BTW which insurance company were you with - sounds like they are worth avoiding:S

Endsleigh

What's their beef?

I notice that they no longer have a link on the BPA site - ummmm

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

The only way customs would have anything to do with it is if the hospital, for some reason, filed criminal charges against you (theft of services). I've never - EVER - heard of it happening. They might have sent the account to a collections agency but that's it.

And, I agree with the others here. You should make an attempt to set up a payment schedule with the hospital. Most hospitals are willing to work with their patients to pay all or part of the bill.
If you can't laugh at yourself, I'll be happy to do it for you.
Be like the cupcake and suck it up.

The only way customs would have anything to do with it is if the hospital, for some reason, filed criminal charges against you (theft of services). I've never - EVER - heard of it happening. They might have sent the account to a collections agency but that's it.

And, I agree with the others here. You should make an attempt to set up a payment schedule with the hospital. Most hospitals are willing to work with their patients to pay all or part of the bill.

I don't think U.S. Customs cares one way or the other.... they are only concerned with the exportation and imporation of goods and valuables.

On the other hand, you might be asking if the Inmigration and Naturalization Service (INS), or "La Migra" will have any questions. Since an unpaid is a civil matter, there is no reason they would have anything to do wwith it.
Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"

I don't think U.S. Customs cares one way or the other

You are correct, sir. However, customs and immigration are one stop shopping when traveling through LAX. Or, at least, that was the case last year.

I don't think U.S. Customs cares one way or the other

You are correct, sir. However, customs and immigration are one stop shopping when traveling through LAX. Or, at least, that was the case last year.

Sir?/b] We don't have any "Sirs" in skydiving !

But you're wearing a suit in your avitar!

You're in Georgia, I'm from Georgia so how about:

"You are correct, cousin."
"That's right, bubba."
"Shoooooootttt..."
"I tell you what!"
"Sho' 'nuff."
"Pour me a double, I'm drinkin' fer two."

???

:P

I don't think U.S. Customs cares one way or the other.... they are only concerned with the exportation and imporation of goods and valuables.

On the other hand, you might be asking if the Inmigration and Naturalization Service (INS), or "La Migra" will have any questions. Since an unpaid is a civil matter, there is no reason they would have anything to do wwith it.

There is no more INS, Homeland security
So i just broke up with this woman who wasn't even my girlfriend!

Hellfish #782, POPS #10664

But you're wearing a suit in your avitar!

You're in Georgia, I'm from Georgia so how about:

"You are correct, cousin."
"That's right, bubba."
"Shoooooootttt..."
"I tell you what!"
"Sho' 'nuff."
"Pour me a double, I'm drinkin' fer two."

???

:P

Yeah, but who said I am wearing pants? ...
"Pour me a double, I am drinki' fer two"....
And your avatar says you are from Seattle ....

And your avatar says you are from Seattle ....

I live in Seatthell; I'm not from here. I'm from Griffin, GA.

Yikes, you missed the landing spot in Thomaston .. that was a heck of a wind...

[:/] I'm heading out to the states this christmas...I just had a quick look at one of the sports insurance companies at how much it would cost for a 17 day skydiving insurance - just under £300 (just under $500)...yikes

the states warrants the highest insurance premiums due to the high cost of medical care there.
Travel insurance for my up coming world trip doubled because i am going to the states
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?