point_code

raven reserves

To the best of my recollection, you're talking about the original style Raven in both cases (those made before Mar. 88 I think). Anyway, the "B" designation was when they began shipping with the bikini slider from the factory, instead of needing to retrofit the canopy with the bikini slider. I would not use one of these as a reserve parachute. They usually open very slowly.

Hmmmm... * confused *... I've got a Raven IIg in my back-up rig that has a DOM of 94 or 95 and it has a regular slider on it, not a bikini slider, although I know what those are. Anyway... not that dropzone.com isn't a good place to ask questions... but you could always call up Precision and ask.

http://precision.aerodynamics.com/

;)

Hmmmm... * confused *... I've got a Raven IIg in my back-up rig that has a DOM of 94 or 95 and it has a regular slider on it, not a bikini slider, although I know what those are. Anyway... not that dropzone.com isn't a good place to ask questions... but you could always call up Precision and ask

Yes, your Raven "G" version is what is called the Super Raven. The original post asked about revision "B", which was adding the bikini slider to the old-style (non Super Raven) canopy. The canopies designated as "Super Raven", those made after Mar. 88 (pretty sure about that date) do not require the use of the bikini slider. It is an entirely different canopy design. The only thing in common is the name.

Hmmmm... * confused *... I've got a Raven IIg in my back-up rig that has a DOM of 94 or 95 and it has a regular slider on it, not a bikini slider, although I know what those are. Anyway... not that dropzone.com isn't a good place to ask questions... but you could always call up Precision and ask

Yes, your Raven "G" version is what is called the Super Raven. The original post asked about revision "B", which was adding the bikini slider to the old-style (non Super Raven) canopy. The canopies designated as "Super Raven", those made after Mar. 88 (pretty sure about that date) do not require the use of the bikini slider. It is an entirely different canopy design. The only thing in common is the name.

DOH! That's right... I knew that. :$

So, what is the "micro" Raven then? Is that the M-Raven?

The Micro-Raven is a smaller Super Raven (150, 135 & 120sq. ft.). Not to be confused with the Dash-M series.

Chuck

:S
They make it so easy, huh?
:P

Oh yeah!:D:D

So, what is the "micro" Raven then? Is that the M-Raven?

The Micro-Raven is a smaller Super Raven (150, 135 & 120sq. ft.). Not to be confused with the Dash-M series.

Chuck

So what's the Dash-M series all about?

After some 'problems' with bar-tacks at the line attachments on the canopy, the Dash-M series was did-continued.

Chuck