guppie01

Astana, Kazakhstan

Looking for insight (other than The Lonely Planet guide/internet browsing) into Kazakhstan. My Stepson will be moving there next summer for 2 years.

Curious if anyone lives there, or has visited... would love to hear your stories of the country.

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
Raddest Ho this side of Jersey #1 - MISS YOU
OMG, is she okay?

Ask Borat, isn't he from there?

:D

LOL I was wondering how long it would take someone to post something about Borat. :D

g
"Let's do something romantic this Saturday... how bout we bust out the restraints?"
OMG, is she okay?

Ask Borat, isn't he from there?

:D

LOL I was wondering how long it would take someone to post something about Borat. :D

g

Crudest person I ever saw in a movie. I remember cringing several times at some of his antics. He was just wrong in the head. :S:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Thanks Nico! B|

LOL, over 70 views and I got Borat, and a cycling team.... should I be concerned about him... :ph34r:

xoxo
g

OMG, is she okay?

Thanks Nico! B|

LOL, over 70 views and I got Borat, and a cycling team.... should I be concerned about him... :ph34r:

xoxo
g

If the cycling team looks anything like this, yes. :ph34r:

http://www.davezilla.com/2004/10/14/caption-time-20/
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Curious if anyone lives there, or has visited... would love to hear your stories of the country.

Been to Almaty. It's been a few years.

Lots of pickpockets ... attempts to be pick-pocketed and attempts at fraud.

My male colleagues got propositioned by prostitutes on a regular basis, in the middle of the day in all parts of town.

Traffic was like Moscow. Air pollution (depending on season) could be like LA in the 1970s. Architecture was circa-Soviet era.

Surrounding geography was magnificent!

VR/Marg

Act as if everything you do matters, while laughing at yourself for thinking anything you do matters.
Tibetan Buddhist saying