jtval

UFC 92 WTF?

Why is there no thread on this yet?

Make your picks...

Forrest V Evans

As much as I'd like to say forrest will win I have to go with Evans. even though I cant stand the guy.

Both have been increasing their ability to make a plan and stick to it.
Evans has heavy hands but forrest is too stupid to fall down.
IF forrest can keep his cool I think he'll be able to win but I think Evans will be able to frustrate forrest into doing soemthing stupid. I hope I am wrong.

Mir V Nog
I would like to see Mir get the title back since he never techniaclly lost it. Mir was kind of a dick during this seasons show but I would still like to see Mir Win. But as with my first pick I have to go with who I THINK will win and its NOT Mir. Nog is a skileed fighter with a thick skull. he's gonna have to make a major mistake to lose to Mir.

Mir has a history of getting beat up and finding a submission but I think Nog has better defense than most of his opponents.

Rampage V Wanerlei
I think this is their 3rd fight. Rampage lost each time.
They may be older and Q may be better but I wonder if he'll be able to fight the mental block.

I think his training has become more serious so I will go on a limb here and say Rampage....A very long limb.
Q is coming off of a loss and lately everyone has seen back to back losses before getting thier shit back together. I say Q wins.

Congo V turk
I dont know that I know who turk is but Chieck has been kicking ass lately I cant wait to se this fight.

THERE ARE MANY MORE GREAT BOUTS ON THIS CARD but I dont think we'll see all of them due to timing.
My photos

My Videos

Rashad always seems to find a way to win and is a tough guy to bet against. Is he going to this time? I don't think so...I think Forrest will come through and beat him.

Although Wandy has won twice before and says he's really motivated because he hates Rampage he is getting older. I'm going to say Rampage.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey

I don't think Wanderlei has found his groove in the octagon yet.
This may be the fight that he does, though.

Although he has fought a few times in the UFC he hasn't done anything over the top as far as wins go.
I'll still say Q by decision.
My photos

My Videos

IF forrest can keep his cool I think he'll be able to win but I think Evans will be able to frustrate forrest into doing soemthing stupid. I hope I am wrong.

I disagree that Evans will be able to frustrate Forrest. Forrest doesn't get flustered easily, if you look back through his fights in the UFC you'll notice that everytime things started to go bad he was able to adjust and come through. Watch his fight with Tito, he spent a good part of the first round on his back getting pounded out and in the second two rounds he fixed the problem and Tito couldn't get him down. The fight with Quinton, Forrest got hurt bad in the first and adjusted his combos so he would stay away from the power that Quinton puts into the third and fourth punches in his combos which is where Forrest really got it. Forrest has grown up under Randy and nobody puts together better gameplans than him, I think Forrest may be able to pull this one out. I give it to Rashad that the guy gets better everytime we see him. He's heavy handed and very quick, but Forrest has the reach and footwork to keep Evans in a safe range and engage when he feels ready to. I think this is going to be the nail biter of the night with some back and forth action from the opening bell. I think Forrest may be able to pull this one out.

Mir V Nog
I would like to see Mir get the title back since he never techniaclly lost it. Mir was kind of a dick during this seasons show but I would still like to see Mir Win. But as with my first pick I have to go with who I THINK will win and its NOT Mir. Nog is a skileed fighter with a thick skull. he's gonna have to make a major mistake to lose to Mir.

One thing with this match is that Mir is not known for his cardio prowess, almost all of his great submission victories have come within two minutes, to include his submission of Lesnar. The deeper this fight goes the more it becomes Nog's game, and Nog will also have the ability to decide where it is fought. Mir lacks the take down ability to put Nog down, and Nog is a better boxer. Mir's best shot may be to play possum to lure Nog into the ground game, if he can't do this quick then the fight become's Nog's.

Rampage V Wanerlei
They may be older and Q may be better but I wonder if he'll be able to fight the mental block.

I think his training has become more serious so I will go on a limb here and say Rampage....A very long limb.
Q is coming off of a loss and lately everyone has seen back to back losses before getting thier shit back together. I say Q wins.

This one could go either way, I think Wanderlei has rebuilt himself as a fighter since moving to Vegas and he is going to present a whole truckload of new challenges or Quinton. However, it's no secret that you can never get rid of the old "let's stand and bang this out" Wanderlei that ruled Pride and when this turns into a toe to toe slugfest both of these men have one punch knockout power and it becomes a coin toss as to who will land the big shot first. Overall the odds are even on this fight and rightfully so, which means since there is no clear favorite in this fight I'm giving it to my favorite, Wand. I don't care what anyone says, that man is not human, and I'll always cheer for him.

And bringing up the Dolloway V. Massenzio fight, I got Massenzio to win. I got the inside scoop on that guys talent and he's definitely going to be a game opponent for CB. I guess it kinda helps when one of his BJJ coaches is one of my best friends and an old Army buddy huh!! I just got to chat with the guy, my boy introuced me too him, he's incredibly relaxed and looks like he's in a great mental state going into this match.
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Seems to me that the only favorite on the entire card is Nog. He is going to beat the snot out of Mir.
As for the rest the only thing that can be said is congrats to Dana White for putting together a completly competetive fight card from top to bottom. It will be one hell of a fight night!

D
The brave may not live forever, but the timid never live at all.

V Wanerlei did he not just knock out keith jardine last fight???? I allso like forrest for this fight i still think rashad has been spoon fed, i have never been a liddel fan so i dont give him much credit for beating him.
frank Mir is a tough guy but i dont think he will be able to beat Nog plus i really dont wana see him fight brock Lesnar again, Mir was getting pummeled by him and i think lesnar has the tools to beat Mir now, But i do not beleive he could beat Nog.

V Wanerlei did he not just knock out keith jardine last fight???? I allso like forrest for this fight i still think rashad has been spoon fed, i have never been a liddel fan so i dont give him much credit for beating him.
frank Mir is a tough guy but i dont think he will be able to beat Nog plus i really dont wana see him fight brock Lesnar again, Mir was getting pummeled by him and i think lesnar has the tools to beat Mir now, But i do not beleive he could beat Nog.

Yes Wand did knock out Jardine in 36 seconds in his last fight(I was cage side screaming at the top of my lungs;)), Wand is a threat to everyone that steps in the cage with him but against Jackson it could go either way.

As far as Rashad, it could have been said that he was spoon fed opponents until his last three, Tito, Chuck, and Bisping. Like Chuck or not he has been one of the greatest knockout artists in UFC history hands down. I disagree with the tie against Tito, I still say Tito won that fight, and his win over Bisping was insanely close, and against an undersized opponent who's now a middleweight. Rashad however, continues to improve everytime we see him and he has unquestionable knockout power. Forrest made a good point though that he is a lot like Bisping in his methodical gameplan fighting style. Forrest is just a lot more talented and a lot stronger than Bisping so he is going to give Rashad one hell of a fight. I won't ever count Rashad out again though, not after that brutal knockout of Chuck.

As for the heavyweight picture, I like Mir a lot but I agree that I don't want to see him fight Lesnar again. Brock wouldn't stand a chance in hell against Nog, the guy is just too resiliant for Brock to finish. And I'll always enjoy watchin Lesnar lose!!
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

I typed up a reply a few days ago and the Inet died on me. here's the cliff notes.

You make some good points about Forrest. I always forget to look at the reach until the show it on the screen.
It would be bad ass if forrest beats Evans decisively.
I'd love to see that.

Im always afraid of a cut stoppage with forrest.
He bleeds alot.

I don't know if I said it yet but I'd love to see Rashad lose. If he lost to Forrest it'd be even better.
My photos

My Videos

ya i'm at the right thread now! Anyway, I got EVANS, NOG, SILVA.

Also there is this guy on the undercard Ryo Chonan that beat Anderson Silva in PRIDE. I'm stoked to see him fight and see what happends.

We should start a Fantasy league on here. ufc.com has a pretty decent one me and my buddies use. Of course we wouldn't be able to pay out since we all live in different parts of the country but bragging rights would be fun

Something about guys beating the shit out of each other that doesn't seem to click with people who can break their bones landing at high speeds... just a thought!

When thinking of the former, the word "idiot" comes to mind. At least in skydiving getting hurt is not a foregone conclusion.
HAMMER:
Originally employed as a weapon of war, the hammer nowadays is used as a
kind of divining rod to locate the most expensive parts adjacent the
object we are trying to hit.

Something about guys beating the shit out of each other that doesn't seem to click with people who can break their bones landing at high speeds... just a thought!

When thinking of the former, the word "idiot" comes to mind. At least in skydiving getting hurt is not a foregone conclusion.

Exactly.... coming bloody out of a jump is a fluke... not a part of the sport.... just my $1.00 - $0.98
Y yo, pa' vivir con miedo, prefiero morir sonriendo, con el recuerdo vivo".
- Ruben Blades, "Adan Garcia"

I doubt you'll see many undercards at this event.
At least I hope not. that would mean that the main events had been fast.

I think all of these will be good fights with lots of strategy. I would hate to see three very fast fights...but I'd get over it if it happened that way.

ASs far as fantasy league...I don't have enough time to keep up with that stuff.
I tried a football league and checked back like 2ce.
last I knew I was in the play offs.:D

My photos

My Videos

Why is there no thread on this yet?

Make your picks...

Forrest V Evans

As much as I'd like to say forrest will win I have to go with Evans. even though I cant stand the guy.

I hate that I was right about this one.[:/] It may not have gone exactly as I thought but Forrest still lost. I think he'll end up fading away now.

Mir V Nog

Mir has a history of getting beat up and finding a submission but I think Nog has better defense than most of his opponents.

Glad I was wrong about this one. :S
Wow. Mir looked great out there.
I don;t think he'll be able to win as easily with Brock next time though. IF he has a chance he'll have to learn how to win against a wall...that throws volkswagon beetles at you.

Rampage V Wanerlei

Did you see Chucks reaction? Enough said.
They could have replayed the K.O. punch and compared them. I think that little nerve that runs behind your jaw has been swollen on chuck and Silva.
They seem to be dropping more often lately.

Congo V turk
I dont know that I know who turk is but Chieck has been kicking ass lately I cant wait to se this fight.

Well, duh. Maybe Kongo will get a real fight soon.
My photos

My Videos

Seems to me that the only favorite on the entire card is Nog. He is going to beat the snot out of Mir.
As for the rest the only thing that can be said is congrats to Dana White for putting together a completly competetive fight card from top to bottom. It will be one hell of a fight night!

D

Well, at least you got one thing right.:P
My photos

My Videos

I hate that I was right about this one.[:/] It may not have gone exactly as I thought but Forrest still lost. I think he'll end up fading away now.

I'm disappointed you were right about that one, too. [:/] Even during a title fight, Rashad shows little class and still looks like a tool. Who do you think is next for him? Rampage? Machida?

Other than being disappointed that Forrest lost, the fights were great! I'm excited because we're thinking of heading to the fights in Columbus & the Arnold Classic...I will be in prime stalking mode!
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

I would think rampage should fight Evans.(I'd like to see that. Rampage HAS KNOCK OUT POWER)
Rampage lost the belt to Griff, won his fight against silva so he should be the next in line...
That said...It's so hard to guess who fights next because there is no ranking system.
If Brock Lesnar can get a title shot with 1-1 record who the fuck know who will fight for the light heavy weight next.
My photos

My Videos

Evans-Jackson makes sense. Griffen-silva makes sense too but they are in the same camp so that will never happen. I'm curious who Forrest will fight next.

It depends on who Dana white thinks will make the biggest draw.
My photos

My Videos

Evans-Jackson makes sense. Griffen-silva makes sense too but they are in the same camp so that will never happen. I'm curious who Forrest will fight next.

It depends on who Dana white thinks will make the biggest draw.

My guess is someone relatively younger/new so that Forrest has an easy win. It seems that's what they do 75% of the time someone loses the title.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

It was for rampage (this time)

No it wasn't, Rampage looked scared shitless the first few minutes of that fight. I knew Silva would make that mistake though, Rampage was just waiting for it. You can't through winging punches from the outside against Page anymore, his in close boxing skills have come too far and that hook is a night ender. This sucks, I hate the dirtbag.

--Dwight D. Eisenhower