LisaH

Michael Vick's dogs

So that's why I had to shoot one Thanksgiving morning to keep it from making an AggieDave chew toy?

Coworker owned a Rottweiler, another famously aggressive dog, but always told us how mellow and well trained the dog was. Until the day he had to beat it senseless with a bat to make it release its choke grip on the neighbor's dog. It took so much to subdue his Rottwieler that he had to euthanize the dog afterwards.[:/]
Some breeds bite, then release and run away. Other breeds bite and hang on. As a former bulldog owner, I think it's in the breeding.

Perhaps it was the DEALER that was the problem and not the dog.

Sure, hence the one that tried to attack me.

ANY dog can bite and attack.

I've never had to draw my weapon on a damned Blue Healer!

You're right, IF they are raised right, they can be a loving breed; however, for every one owner that raises their pit bull right, there are literally 100 owners who don't. Leaving their dogs out side on logging chains. Keeping them hungry so they're angry and vicious. For the one person that normal people have heard about, Michael Vick, there are tens or hundreds of other people doing the same thing in each and every single city.

The species as a whole is breed to be aggressive. Just like Labs want to swim and fetch, Pits want to bite and fight. You can raise the dogs carefully and have a sweet dog; however, most people don't so you're left with the raw instincts bred into the breed.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

pit bulldogs have a bad wrap. I have 2 that are very loveable. and they mind better than most children that I have been around.

I use to have 2 yorkies also that use to boss my pitts around and beat them and the pitts would let them get away with it.

I think when you have some dogs it's the way they have been raosed
pain is weakness leaving the body

We get in a huge amount of pitbulls in the shelter I volunteer at and most pass our temperament test with flying colors and are very adoptable. If fact we get more bite reports from golden retrievers, cocker spaniels and labs then pitbulls.

So that's why I had to shoot one Thanksgiving morning to keep it from making an AggieDave chew toy?

Yeah, real loving breed.[:/]

Outside in the real world, they're exceptionally mean dogs. Like the one that a dealer let loose on a chick that owed him money for crack? She loves the breed too. We had to keep that one for the case, so I ended up using a taser to get it under control so that the ACO wouldn't become a chew toy.

Understand that those are only two specific instances that I'm referencing. I could continue with specific examples for probably well over an hour.

Yeah, real loving breed.>:(

They can be a real loving breed! I have personally seen way more good pitbulls than bad ones. Like I said more of them end up being adoptibal that a lot of other breeds.

The ones you saw were probably trained t be that way by some really horable people. Unfortunately right now pitbulls are the trendy "bad dog" to own so a lot of unscrupulous people train them to be not so nice. We went through this trend with Rottweilers, doberman pinchers and German shepherds in the past. The problem with the pitbull breed it they have a huge desire to please their master and are extremely loyal. People use this to their advantage and to the dogs disadvantage.
Fly like a girl

The ones you saw were probably trained t be that way

Nope. Reverse it. They weren't trained to be loving dogs, so they're acting like the breed.

Also, its not "saw" in the past tense, its "see" in the presence. Its an every day thing. Every day.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

The ones you saw were probably trained t be that way

Nope. Reverse it. They weren't trained to be loving dogs, so they're acting like the breed.

Also, its not "saw" in the past tense, its "see" in the presence. Its an every day thing. Every day.

Going after people is not "acting like the breed" The breed was never breed to go after people. It is one of the only breeds that was not. It only became a problem after they become such a trend in the wrong crowd. Most pitbulls out on the street are not "true" pitbulls but, mix breeds. I even adopted a dog I was told was a pitbull and really looked like a pitbull only to find out through DNA testing he had no pit in him. I'm not saying all pitbulls are perfect. I'm just saying don't discriminate against a whole breed just because some dogs were not raised right or were raised right and/or had a mean streak. I don't know where you live maybe some people are breeding/training some really bad dogs in your area or maybe in your line of work you come across some bad ones or may be the dogs you see look like pits but but I see pit's every day that are outstanding dogie sittisons. Therapy dogs family pets ect. We literally get thousands in the shelter every year that become great family pets. Any dog can be not so nice. We do a very extensive behavior test on all dogs we get and some have to be put down even pitbulls but, not that many. Not any more than another breed. I had a golden retriever who even though raised right would still attack any dog that would come near her and my friend had a lab that had to be put down because it attacked her more than once and we get many dogs turned over to the shelter who turn on people and honestly no more pit's than any other breed even less of them. Really. I really want to help animals as well as people and I would not be saying good things about pit's if I thought the breed was inherently bad. I'm sorry you had bad experiences with pit/pit type dogs but really they are not all like that. Most are not.
Fly like a girl