Tuna-Salad

Worst movie of all time.

Personally, I thought Schindler's List was a great, albeit poignant movie. It was a little long though.

A *little* long?! I've still yet to make it all the way through it without falling asleep (of course I quit trying years ago).

Blues,
Dave

Long drama movies can be hard to watch without falling asleep for a lot of us. Yeah I agree, I understated its length. I thought it was a loosely based true story worth watching
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

There was a movie that had scenes filmed just around the corner from my parents' house when I was a kid. I'm trying to remember what the name of it was but Richard Harris was in it, and was a God-awful movie about the aftermath of a war. I'll have to look it up on IMDB.

Edited to add: Ah yes, The Ravagers.

Bad, just really bad.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

How 'bout 'The Creature From The Black Lagoon', 'The Swamp Thing', I Was A Teenage Werewolf' or maybe 'Tarantula'? Te 1950's had some really bad flicks! My personal favorite was 'The Little Shop Of Horrors'.:D

Chuck

Oh, I've got the DVD of "Attack of the Killer Bimbos". I guarantee that was horrible, especially the scene of one of our own fellow skydivers/crwdogs in a speedo. GAWD.... The actor is Mike Muscat, who is quite a character in our world as well.

:D:D:D:D:D

I never saw that one. I guess, the title alone kept me away.

'Attack of the 40-Foot Woman'! That movie didn't bother me until I divorced my first wife and realized...

Chuck

:D:D:D

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes sucked as well.

Sense & Sensibility. A lot of females may disagree with this as being a bad movie. I sat through it in the theatre with an ex-girlfriend and did it for her. These were the most unbearable two hours of my life I can recall. She loved it though.

(dis)honorable mention: Night at the Roxbury.

Be humble, ask questions, listen, learn, follow the golden rule, talk when necessary, and know when to shut the fuck up.

Sense & Sensibility. A lot of females may disagree with this as being a bad movie. I sat through it in the theatre with an ex-girlfriend and did it for her. These were the most unbearable two hours of my life I can recall. She loved it though.

(dis)honorable mention: Night at the Roxbury.

No matter what, every time I flip the channels and see the Roxbury movie on, I can't watch more than a few minutes before those two goofballs do their stupid strut or dance move or whatever the fuck it is. :S:S:S

Blades of Glory was probably just as bad.

I'm also not much for the Star Wars movies.
I am beginning to think that a lot of what is in here are just movies people think did not live up to their billing (slightly different than worst movie ever).

The Star Wars movies were one-dimensional live-action cartoons.

A princess with an attitude, an old wizened warrior,
the new knight-apprentice, the old evil
wizard/emperor, the old bad-warrior awaiting redemption.

Simply a movie version of the newspaper cartoon Prince Valiant.

One-dimensional characters with a clear definition
of who is right/wrong. Good guy wins.

Best viewed by 9-11 year olds.

My personal worsts - any movie where Meryl Streep is
about to cry through her pink, puffy eyes.

How 'bout 'The Creature From The Black Lagoon', 'The Swamp Thing', I Was A Teenage Werewolf' or maybe 'Tarantula'? The 1950's had some really bad flicks! My personal favorite was 'The Little Shop Of Horrors'.:D

Chuck

I read a psychology-type article that said that
teenagers have a need for a cathartic process
to deal with fear.

They need to experience fear, but in a safe,
controlled environment.
"I close my eyes, the monster doesn't get me."

It has to do with emotional range.

My personal worsts - any movie where Meryl Streep is about to cry through her pink, puffy eyes.

Any movie with Barbara Striesand in a starring role. I can't stand her. About the only movie with her in it that was worth watching was "Meet The Fockers", since she only had a supporting role.

How 'bout 'The Creature From The Black Lagoon', 'The Swamp Thing', I Was A Teenage Werewolf' or maybe 'Tarantula'? The 1950's had some really bad flicks! My personal favorite was 'The Little Shop Of Horrors'.:D

Chuck

I read a psychology-type article that said that
teenagers have a need for a cathartic process
to deal with fear.

They need to experience fear, but in a safe,
controlled environment.
"I close my eyes, the monster doesn't get me."

It has to do with emotional range.

Even as a kid, I thought those movies were pretty 'dumb'. I usually laughed my butt-off! I can see the idea of getting kids to learn to handle fear but, some of these movies today are so graphic, it's amazing that kids aren't traumatized for life.

Chuck