RALFFERS

Anyone know this beer?

This is a Polish brew, & as such, I wonder if it's imported to other parts of the country, or just here to Chicago - since there is a HUGE Polish population in this town.

Ryoder, you used to live here - I wonder if you know a lot of the popular European imports, including this one.

Edit to add: The beer is 1 of the few things that's good in this town; still doesn't make up for the hellish weather though...
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

Cool. Let me know what you thnk of it.

1 thing that I noticed is - beers always taste better when you have the original, in the country of origin; when they're imported they always taste a bit different. I wonder i that's because of some U.S. law pertaining to alcohol content or something... :S

This is a Polish brew, & as such, I wonder if it's imported to other parts of the country, or just here to Chicago - since there is a HUGE Polish population in this town.

Ryoder, you used to live here - I wonder if you know a lot of the popular European imports, including this one.

Edit to add: The beer is 1 of the few things that's good in this town; still doesn't make up for the hellish weather though...

Never heard of it. You are certainly right about the Polish population. When I lived there, I sometimes drove up to Wilmot "Mountain" to ski on weekday evenings. I heard more Polish spoken there than English.:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Well, Polish Village said they had it, but when I got there...they said they ran out. (damn polocks)

They said they restock on thursday's for the weekend....so I guess it must be good.

I then went to another restaurant across the alley called Polonias...They also ran out, so I drank this Beer instead

It's a more popular beer, but very mellow for an 8.3% 500ml bottle of Porter.

mmmmm, good

When I was leaving, the girl told me..."you come back, yes? We have Tyskie friday...we have party!

I think I just might show up!

I'll get some better pics, when it won't be so creepy to do so.;)

Thanks Ralffers!:)
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Well, Polish Village said they had it, but when I got there...they said they ran out. (damn polocks)

They said they restock on thursday's for the weekend....so I guess it must be good.

I then went to another restaurant across the alley called Polonias...They also ran out, so I drank this Beer instead

It's a more popular beer, but very mellow for an 8.3% 500ml bottle of Porter.

mmmmm, good

When I was leaving, the girl told me..."you come back, yes? We have Tyskie friday...we have party!

I think I just might show up!

I'll get some better pics, when it won't be so creepy to do so.;)

Thanks Ralffers!:)

That's also another favorite beer of mine. Glad you like it! :)
the pictures came out really cool by the way; the lighting is interesting.

We must go for a beer or 2 when I'm in your area; it's not that far. I'll try to shoot up there in the spring.

That's also another favorite beer of mine. Glad you like it!

the pictures came out really cool by the way; the lighting is interesting.

Thanks! I didn't use the flash cause it looked more natural...but the low light caused all that grain....
The shnniy light was a reflection from the shinny metal sugar holder.

We must go for a beer or 2 when I'm in your area; it's not that far. I'll try to shoot up there in the spring.

Any time...just send me a PM...

Spring time is good a good time...people aching to get out-and-about after hybernating season...

I have some family in Chicago, but I never really checked out any pubs there...so maybe I'll see you on the other side of the Lake soon...

:D:D:D
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

It's not new, I had one a dozen years ago or so one one of my first "around the world in 40 beer" events. I've had it on and off since then, it's a decent average lager, very drinkable. It's not something I go out of my way to look for like Samuel Smith's Taddy Porter or Oatmeal Stout.
It wouldn't hurt you to think like a fucking serial killer every once in a while - just for the sake of prevention