squirrel

one cool cookie

The pilot said he sounded calm on the outside but was going crazy inside. I've worked a few emergencies over the years. You try really hard to stay calm, just like jumpers in the middle of a cutaway.:S I've listened to a few of my own tapes afterwards. Everyone say "Wow, you sound so calm" but I can hear the seat cushion sucking up my ass.:D:D

Kudos to all involved. I thought the controller did a good job and Sully and his crew were exemplary. I'll fly with that guy anytime. A true student of aviation. B|

I was pretty impressed with ATC, the pilots had 3 runways to choose from in seconds Teterboro made a hole instantly pilot was informed about Newark too
It did sound like the departure took it pretty hard after they lost contact. Hope that controller was OK afterwards too.
John Fosgate
"In the end, its always best to choose the hard right over the easy wrong." LouDiamond
MB 4310
www.N3Racing.com

The pilot said he sounded calm on the outside but was going crazy inside. I've worked a few emergencies over the years. You try really hard to stay calm, just like jumpers in the middle of a cutaway.:S I've listened to a few of my own tapes afterwards. Everyone say "Wow, you sound so calm" but I can hear the seat cushion sucking up my ass.:D:D

Kudos to all involved. I thought the controller did a good job and Sully and his crew were exemplary. I'll fly with that guy anytime. A true student of aviation. B|

I heard that was the 2nd ever, commercial ditching in the history of aviation. (in which no fatalities resulted)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I know exactly what you mean. I've been in the room with a buddy when he had to tell a family that their mother had cancer. Upon getting the news, the daughter passes out, and the mother, from the stress has a massive heart attack and goes into respiratory arrest. Trying to keep it together and direct the situation requires you to stay calm, but damn if I could not have turned coal into diamonds in my ass. I don't care how many times you do it, it still has that "oh fuck" on you the first few seconds.

"If you have time to panic, you have time to do something more productive"

"If you have time to panic, you have time to do something more productive"

This statement is so true!!!
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Aviate.
Navigate.
Communicate.

Sounds like he had his ducks in a row.
And as you all know he was a former F4 pilot.
“The only fool bigger than the person who knows it all is the person who argues with him.

Stanislaw Jerzy Lec quotes (Polish writer, poet and satirist 1906-1966)

Aviate.
Navigate.
Communicate.

Sounds like he had his ducks in a row.
And as you all know he was a former F4 pilot.

The phantom was a great airplane.
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.