ACMESkydiver

Committed to Losing the Next Block of Weight! Anyone Else?

Last year I got busy and lost 33 1/2 lbs (ok, it was 35 but I gained back 1 1/2. So sue me. :P).

I have to do it again (plus just a bit more) to reach my goal.

I have a plan, which is strikingly similar to the last plan that worked for the first block of 35...

I bought a weight loss kit through my hubby's business, which has of course bars and supplements and an eating strategy guide. -I used the same stuff last year, but it has all been updated, and I'm pretty stoked!

My gym recently began ZUMBA classes and I LOVE them!! B| Dancing your butt off. Uh, literally. :D

So I zumba 3 days per week. I strength train 3 days per week. I stick to my eating plan.

I'm a melancholy personality type (read 'The Personality Tree' for definition :ph34r:) so that means I love details...so I figured how many calories I burn per day, how many I need to be in deficit, blah blah...and I should JUST reach my goal by my 15 year wedding anniversary on July 2nd. :)
Who else has some fitness goals? Shall we begin our weekly updates again? I know I haven't logged on a bunch...but will anyone do a Friday update thread if we post it again? I love to hear what everyone is doing!
~Jaye
Do not believe that possibly you can escape the reward of your action.

Last year I got busy and lost 33 1/2 lbs (ok, it was 35 but I gained back 1 1/2. So sue me. :P).

I have to do it again (plus just a bit more) to reach my goal.

I have a plan, which is strikingly similar to the last plan that worked for the first block of 35...

I bought a weight loss kit through my hubby's business, which has of course bars and supplements and an eating strategy guide. -I used the same stuff last year, but it has all been updated, and I'm pretty stoked!

My gym recently began ZUMBA classes and I LOVE them!! B| Dancing your butt off. Uh, literally. :D

So I zumba 3 days per week. I strength train 3 days per week. I stick to my eating plan.

I'm a melancholy personality type (read 'The Personality Tree' for definition :ph34r:) so that means I love details...so I figured how many calories I burn per day, how many I need to be in deficit, blah blah...and I should JUST reach my goal by my 15 year wedding anniversary on July 2nd. :)
Who else has some fitness goals? Shall we begin our weekly updates again? I know I haven't logged on a bunch...but will anyone do a Friday update thread if we post it again? I love to hear what everyone is doing!

YEAH YOUR BACK! :)
I am stuck at the same wt for the last two weeks and i keep bouncing up and down 1lb. 23 lost since Nov.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

Zumba is awesome! I have to travel to a different Ballys to take it, it is only offered once a week and I have to pay $7.00 per class, but it is totally worth it.

I'm working towards breaking out of the "plateau" I have been stuck in for a while now. Work has been really busy for the past few months, which of course beats the alternative but interferes with my workout routine. Still, I am getting myself back on track.

YEAH YOUR BACK! :)
I am stuck at the same wt for the last two weeks and i keep bouncing up and down 1lb. 23 lost since Nov.

Hooray we'll make a go of it! :)
Just talked to my sister. I tried to get her enthused about it...um, not so much. :P

(she's talking on and on about my daughter's concert tomorrow)
Me: "Uh-huh...yeah...same place. Dammit, where are my dancing pants??"

"Your 'dancing pants', Jennifer?" :|

"Yes! I have to ZUMBA! I need my dancing pants! Dancing pants, dancing pants..."

"Jennifer Lynn please don't say that again."

"What...dancing pants?!?" :D

"Oh dear."

"It's fun! I just dance and I burn all these calories...it's cool!"

"My God Jen, you've turned into mother."

"Well it's been gradual over many years, but we knew this would come." :)
Jaleesa: >sigh<.>
:D:D:D:D

"Just wait until I bust out the rhinestones..."

"OMG." :|

"Just kidding." B|
~Jaye

I'm working towards breaking out of the "plateau" I have been stuck in for a while now. Work has been really busy for the past few months, which of course beats the alternative but interferes with my workout routine. Still, I am getting myself back on track.

Hooray for getting back on track!

My trainers have been saying that switching up a workout routine can help break a plateau...I'm on board! I'm zumba'ing and loving it. B|
~Jaye

Well, as far as the "plateau"- it isn't all bad. I actually feel pretty good about maintaining this weight for more than 2 years. I've been able to lose weight in the past, but I always gained it back.

And I know in order to lose that last 10- 20 pounds or so, I will need to shake things about a bit and be tougher on myself about my eating habits. I'm working on it, but I am stubborn and I like to eat! :$

Hey girl!!!! How's the family?

I was just diagnosed with PCOS and told that I was doing all the right things, but have only lost 5 pounds in 5 months...:S...

BUT, I do have some goals, like getting back to the weight I was when I was 18...OR better known as a healthy weight!

I'm doing personal training sessions 3 times a week and also regular cardio to get my butt in gear...B|...Or lose my butt, really...:ph34r:...

Either way, I am up for the challenge and look forward to getting back in shape! I would like to lose 10 more pounds before my wedding, but we'll see...

~R+R:)...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Fly the friendly skies...^_^...})ii({...^_~...

11 months ago, I decided I was done being a fat guy so I started working out. A month into it I went to a UFC party and while I was there, a girl said some thing that stuck in my head. She said "Yea lets watch a bunch of hotties kick the shit out each other".
I never really looked at the guys in the UFC that way. Why would I? I'm a guy. But, I had to admit she was right. Those guys are in fantastic shape. The kind of shape that I wanted to be in so, I patterned my work out after the work outs done by fighters.

11 months later, I'm down 80lbs. Thats 10lbs lighter than when I graduated from high school. For those of you that have known me in this sport all these years, when I started skydiving, I was 20lbs heavier than I was at graduation and I only got bigger from there. I went from a 42" waist to a 34"

I'm not selling anything. I didn't buy any fancy weight loss products or subcribe to any diet plans. I never counted calories and I never went hungry. All I did was follow the age old rule of eating healthy and getting lots of exercise.
Never again will I allow my self to become over weight. Never again will I sag over my belt line. Never again will I be too ashamed to take my shirt off. Never again will I suffer from aching knees. Those days are over. NEVER AGAIN!

So why am I telling you this? Simply to say that if you want it, you can have it. All you have to do is make it happen. Put an end to the excuses and you'll put an end to the failures.
Find and exercise routine that works for you and stick with it. I didn't get fat over night and I knew that I wasn't going to get fit over night but having said that, 11months ain't that bad. Good luck
-K

Sorry to hear about the PCOS. [:/] What a bummer...

The family is still good. Still big. Still here. :D We still have 10 living here, and as of next week, it will be one year. Man oh man!

When's your wedding? Good luck with 10 more pounds by then! Just don't go all crazy with it. (speaking from experience. I wasn't too smart as a young bride-to-be...:S)

~Jaye

So why am I telling you this? Simply to say that if you want it, you can have it. All you have to do is make it happen. Put an end to the excuses and you'll put an end to the failures.
Find and exercise routine that works for you and stick with it. I didn't get fat over night and I knew that I wasn't going to get fit over night but having said that, 11months ain't that bad. Good luck
-K

Excellent advice right there. B| Thank you for that!

-And thank you for the pic. That's enough to keep us going when Kawi's 'Naked Post Whore Glory' thread is stuck back on page 35 again! :o;)
~Jaye

That's funny I found this thread! I am trying to lose some weight myself.Have been going down hill for the last 5yrs went from 160-185. Always bitched about it but never done anything to stop it. Just couldn't imagine myself being fat since I was always (before) very fit. But little by little I grew belly and now time has come to shake that fat away. It's been three weeks since I joined the gym also try to do cardio as much as I can 3-4 times a week. The only concern is that my WL will go down... smaller canopy here I come(once I am happy with myself) good luck everyone!

...Who else has some fitness goals? Shall we begin our weekly updates again? I know I haven't logged on a bunch...but will anyone do a Friday update thread if we post it again? I love to hear what everyone is doing!

For what it's worth (from a "wanna-be" jumper):

What works for me is a combo of distance running coupled with a low-cal, low-fat, high-carb diet. about 15 years ago, I found a group of people to train with for marathon running, and in my first year I lost 90 pounds in 9 months, and enjoyed every minute of it. (From 260 pounds to 170 pounds). Ran about 75 miles a week, and ate mostly carbos, vegetables, and lots of citrus fruit. Drinking lots of water along with the citrus really curbed the appetite.

The years have gone slowly past, and I've found myself alone. Can't manage to connect with the same running group these days, but am performing daily runs which are at least compatible for the off season.

This winter, I'm shooting-for 30 pounds (from 230 pounds to 200), and have lost 10 pounds in about the first 3 weeks. (I need to keep a little weight for my job).

From my experience, the best way to break-out of a plateau is to not get discouraged, and keep building-up base stamina. Then, when you feel that you have even a little additional energy, and also aren't likely to get injured, try going into "burst-mode" by doing intervals, or the like. Just have to be careful not to over-do it, and get injured or neglect empoyment duties, etc..

Good coaching can go a very long way for making a goal. The problem is that everything costs money. My best advice is to start by building some good base stamina, then research and find a good running program with reputable coaching, even if you can only do it for a summer. I will never forget the fundamentals that I learned from the coaches that trained me for my first marathon.

I can't even begin to describe what it's like to have the extra weight off, as well as the other benefits.

I'm "game" for your Friday update idea. Anybody else?
Sincerely,
The Catacholamine Fiend

"Everyone dies, but not everyone lives."

Hey Jaye,

Consider me in but for a different reason. Like KevinMcGuire, I too reached my goal weight. I went from 234lbs to a very healthy 155lbs. 38" waist to a 30 (I must be shorter than Kevin). For me it was accomplished in 11 1/2 months. My method was Weight Watchers. It does not matter which method you use. What matters is what works for you. With every plan, it takes patience, perseverence and determination not to give up. I liked what tigra said about shaking things up to overcome a plateau. Plateaus will happen. That is the time to reevaluate what you are doing and figuring out what needs to be changed. I can relate to what Kevin said about never wanting to be overweight again. This is why I want to be a part of this thread. My work is not complete. Staying fit is a lifelong job. We all know how easy it is to gain 5lbs but what a bitch it is to lose it.

If anyone wishes to pm me to speak about their journey, please feel free to do so. I have learned so much and it would be so great if I could inspire someone else. I understand the journey. I experienced the plateaus or the 'slow' weight loss at times and everything else that goes along with shedding lbs. I also need words of wisdom from you folks.

Keep up the fight my friends. That healthy feeling is priceless.

All my best,
Chris

Hi Jaye!
This is too funny, I actually was thinking about posting a thread...we must have that brain thing going. After being off the exercise wagon since early November I am back in action. Now that the knee can handle the stuff I like to do - I am back at the gym pretty hardcore for me. We will see what happens.
Starting point 150 lbs
waist 36 inches
hips 41 inches

I am actually down 10 lbs from 2 years ago, but up from before christmas - damn holiday food!

so.....count me in for keeping track of things!
DPH # 2
"I am not sure what you are suppose to do with that, but I don't think it is suppose to flop around like that." ~Skootz~
I have a strong regard for the rules.......doc!

I started thinking about how EASY it is to gain just a tiny little 5 pounds per year...

Multiply that by 10 years, and you have 50 extra pounds. Yikes. :|

Taking control is the way to go. Congrats on the decision. B|

~Jaye

Best of luck to you, and I am so jealous of people that can run!

I can't. Have never been able to. Even when I was in the army. :P The farthest I think I've ever run was 3.5 miles, and it damned near killed me. :D

I can do anything but run...but I hear that those that do run really, really enjoy it. :)
Congrats on your past weight loss, and good luck for your upcoming goals. B|

~Jaye

Staying fit is a lifelong job. We all know how easy it is to gain 5lbs but what a bitch it is to lose it.

Amen, brother. :|

I like hearing peoples' tricks and tips for getting past tough spots...things like 'soup fills you up for fewer calories', and 'chew sugarless gum if you're craving sweets'.

Sometimes just those little helps can get you to a healthier meal...

We'll see ya on the updates! :)
~Jaye

Here's a tip for something filling but not fattening:

Home-made Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal.

1/2 cup real oats.
Add cinnamon to taste
Add Splenda or Sweet N Low to taste (you know the chemicals that will eventually kill ya long after the fat kills ya.;))
Core an Apple and dice it up. Only use up to 4 ounces. (Plenty of apple)
Mix it all up.
Add water just above your mixture level.
Mix again.
Microwave for 2 minutes
Add skim milk according to your preference of texture.
Enjoy!

This is very filling and carries you for many hours.

Later, expect the most satisfying dump of your life!:o It will feel like you dropped 5lbs right there.B|

Hey! I make something very similar! I call it 'Power Porridge'! :D

Pretty much the same, but I add about a tablespoon of ground flaxseed -adds Omega 3's (but be careful! It can run right through you if you aren't used to it!!)
I also add about a tablespoon of wheat germ.
I also add ground, slivered, or chopped almonds for a little more protein.
I add in some bee pollen because it is an alphabet of vitamins and a real 'wonder food', and it gives it a slightly sweeter taste.
And if I'm just wild and crazy, I add golden raisins, too. B|

~Jaye