Andy9o8

Are you a germophobe?

One man's sensible prevention is another's paranoid delusions.

:|
What do you mean by that? Who's putting you up to this?

Nobody.

You're lying!!! Why are you doing this to me??

BTW, what difference does it make if you use a fingertip or a knuckle to push the buttons?? You'll get the germs on your hands, just in a different spot.

Because cold viruses tend to be spread hand-to-surface-to-hand. The buttons on an ATM or the gas pump get touched by one person's fingertips after another, in quick succession. I handle things in my environment with my fingertips a lot more often than I do with my knuckles. So I figure, odds are I might be a bit less likely to pass something from an ATM button to myself if I push the buttons with my knuckle instead of my fingertip.

That doesn't make a bit of sense.

Man, if I worried about germs as much as you do, I'd end up a paranoid schizophrenic. I'm not saying that is what you are, just that bringing that type of stress upon myself - as in me personally would drive me nuts.

In my world there's dirt & germs...so what?... :)
Dialogue/commentary between Divot, Twardo & myself -

"from your first Oshkosh when the three of us were riding to or from one of

You know, if you look at my OP, other than the stuff about pushing ATM buttons with my knuckles (the discussion of which sort of took on a life of itself), it really doesn't amount to much more than the stuff most people do to avoid getting a cold by keeping their hands clean. And I do have a foil hat. But I swear that's it.

No. I'm not. But, I fully agree with each single point, I'm doing nearly the same and feel so normal! Why should I carry home the intestinal bacteria from the guy filling his gas tank before me? It's so easy to take one of the paper towels you find everywhere at gas stations, wrap it around the filler plug and it's OK!

Why do I have to use the clerks pen who just cleaned his ears with it before handing over the pen to me??

No need for that.

For all our family members, it's absolutely normal to wash hands after coming home. All day long, we all are touching so many things covered with bacteria - so it's just a feel-good move to wash hands after coming back home.

My home is my castle - Escherichia coli-free ;):)

dudeist skydiver # 3105

I thought of you today at the grocery store after I picked up a package of meat and got blood on my fingers. YUCK! I couldn't get to my hand sanitizer in my purse fast enough!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I thought of you today at the grocery store after I picked up a package of meat and got blood on my fingers. YUCK! I couldn't get to my hand sanitizer in my purse fast enough!

You get blood on your hands; you worry about pestilence; you think of me.
I seem to have that effect on people.