artard

Tracking Suits

I'm pretty sure the 200 jump BSR doesn't apply to tracking suits but should it? Should there be a minimum level of experience/jumps before using a tracking suit? Would it be stupid to try a tracking suit with <200 jumps?
http://www.mixcloud.com/prajna
http://vimeo.com/avidya

I'm pretty sure the 200 jump BSR doesn't apply to tracking suits but should it?

No.

Would it be stupid to try a tracking suit with <200 jumps?

No.

Should there be a minimum level of experience/jumps before using a tracking suit?

I wouldn't recommend anyone to try one straight off student status, but I wouldn't put a jump number limit on it either. If you can track well, effortlessly hold a heading and make turns when max tracking, and have demonstrated a constant awareness of where you are and where you're going during skydives then have at it. Just be aware that it will fly you if you let it.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Not stupid, but maybe not the smartest thing to focus on. If you're wanting to use the tracksuit for BASE later on, go right ahead. If however you're wanting it as a go-between for wingsuit, I wouldn't buy a tracksuit. Kind of a waste of money (you will not jump it after you start wingsuiting) and more importantly a waste of jumps in that you'll learn much more doing group belly or freefly skydives than tracking jumps with or without tracksuit, in preparation for wingsuit. Now if you can borrow one, sure have fun with it for a few jumps. But for wingsuit preparation, there are better jumps to do.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

If you can track well, effortlessly hold a heading and make turns when max tracking, and have demonstrated a constant awareness of where you are, and where everybody else from your load is, and where you're going during skydives then have at it. Just be aware that it will fly you if you let it.

just adding that important bit
HISPA #93
DS #419.5

If you can track well, effortlessly hold a heading and make turns when max tracking, and have demonstrated a constant awareness of where you are, and where everybody else from your load is, and where you're going during skydives then have at it. Just be aware that it will fly you if you let it.

Well, knowing where the jumprun is is a byproduct of knowing where you are and where you're going. (If you mean knowing where each individual skydiver or group is located, then I have to disagree.)
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Well, knowing where the jumprun is is a byproduct of knowing where you are and where you're going. (If you mean knowing where each individual skydiver or group is located, then I have to disagree.)

If you can out-track all the others in your own group, at least you know they are all behind you.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.