MudPuppy

Florida DZ's

I am going to sea this month, and will be making a stop in Jacksonville around 22 - 26 April. So I am thinking of running down to a DZ for some jumps. So looking for inputs on where.

Anyone from there wanna give me a hollar?
Skydiving..... Good to the last drop©

-MudPuppy the Sky Pirate- Dirty Sanchez #453

Well, it depends on if you want to waste time on driving...while Z-hills is great, it's going to be about 3 1/2 hour drive from Jax. Most likely, there will be enough people to send a plane up in DeLand on the weekdays that you'll be here. I think Palatka is able to get loads up if they can round up enough people, but they start jumping strong on Fridays for the weekend. Send the DZO, Crutch, a pm and you can ask him yourself. I haven't been to St. Mary's, so I can't comment on that one.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I just got back from a trip down to Jacksonville.
St. Marys (The Jumping Place) is not a bad drive if you're short on time but want to get a few jumps in. It's a small C-182 dz, but the people there really inviting.
I also made the drive down to Palatka and had a blast there as well. They are flying a Caravan full time.
Make a call to each of them to see if they are flying on Fridays. You won't have a problem finding people to jump with at either one. I didn't and just to jump 50 while I was down there.

from where your going to be, i would have to say go with deland. if for no other reason than they are almost always turning loads. theres a ton of people there even on the weekdays so, barring our AMAZING florida weather has nothing to say about it, youll be able to make as many as you can in one day.
I'd wait for you outside the courtoom.
Taunting; when all of your appeals were declined.

Z-hills is big and is always turning loads, and has great facilities. Sebastian has a terrific view from freefall and is a great medium-sized place. Both have great people and great vibes, and both are about 3 hours away from Jax. DeLand is always turning loads, has great facilities and people, has a hot MILF who's there a lot, has UPT which you can tour, has a tunnel nearby, and is about 1-1/2 - 2 hrs from Jax.

DeLand … has UPT which you can tour, has a tunnel nearby, and is about 1-1/2 - 2 hrs from Jax.

Psssst … touring UPT is interesting, but the PD tour is the most impressive among Deland manufacturers.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

DeLand … has UPT which you can tour, has a tunnel nearby, and is about 1-1/2 - 2 hrs from Jax.

Psssst … touring UPT is interesting, but the PD tour is the most impressive among Deland manufacturers.

OK, I'll amend that to say that touring any of the skydiving industry's R&D enterprises in DeLand is very interesting. No brand name favoritism implied.

Ouch...:o...I thought everyone loved my tours....:|....

Mark Klingelhoefer
UPT