spankedmunky69

please try this recipe!!!

this thread was inspired by a different thread, just thought i would share my creation!

i have been a chef for nearly ten years now an i like to make my own recipes with whatever i hav in the kitchen at the time, i came up with this an everyone that tried it loved how it tasted!

so please feel free to try it yourself,

HONEY AND MUSTARD PORK, WITH COATED ROAST POTATOES, SERVED WITH A FRESH GREEN SALAD...

(INGREDIENTS)
1 handful of fresh cilantro.
4 to 5 tablespoons of dijon mustard.
4 to 5 tablespoons of english mustard.
2 large cloves of garlic.
1 half inch cube of fresh ginger.
7 or 8 tablespoons of olive oil.
5 or 6 tablespoons of fresh honey.
2 or 3 large boneless pork steaks
6 or 7 large red potatoes.
2 bags of fresh salad, (any kind of salad will do)
4 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
4 tablespoons of white wine.
handful of chopped chives

(RECIPE)

finely chop the ginger and garlic and cilantro,
add to a large mixing bowl with the olive oil, english mustard, dijon mustard and honey,
stir until mixed well,
add the pork steaks to the mixture and set aside in the fridge over night, making sure they are completely coated,

(you can set them aside for a few hours if you like, but i hav found that leaving them over night increases the flavor)

heat the oven to between 400 and 450 degrees, and place the steaks and mixture into a large baking tray, turn every 5 mins till halfway cooked,

half, quarter, or cut the potatoes into 6, depending on their size, and par-boil them until they start to go slightly soft,

when at this stage, drain the potatoes an add to the tray with the steaks, making sure to turn them in the juices, until evenly coated,

continue to turn the steaks and potatoes in the juices in the tray until the steaks are cooked to the way you like them,

while this is happening, empty the bags of salad into a bowl, finely shred the chives and add to a mixing bowl with the mayonnaise and white wine, and mix well, season to taste, you now have a quick and easy ceasar salad dressing for your salad, add enough for personal taste,

then all you gotta is serve!!!

i hope if you try this recipe you will give me feedback on what you thought of it, after all "you cant be a chef if you cant take criticism"

i hope you enjoy it!
Let the spankin begin!!!

A prok steak? Is there another name for that cut in the store? I don't think I've seen anything like that, or else I haven't noticed. Bone-in or boneless?

I'll try it, but I'll have to find where they sell English mustard and fresh ginger. I don't think they have that at the Super Wal-Mart I go to!
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

I LOOOOOVE Pork.

I cooked Sunday roast for my mates this past weekend and the meat just melted in the mouth and the cracking was stunningly crackly.

But - What is cilantro please? agh, Corriander)

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

A prok steak? Is there another name for that cut in the store? I don't think I've seen anything like that, or else I haven't noticed. Bone-in or boneless?

I'll try it, but I'll have to find where they sell English mustard and fresh ginger. I don't think they have that at the Super Wal-Mart I go to!

i try to use pork that is boneless, but the choice is completely up to yourself, u can also buy ginger puree from wal mart it does the samw thing, an you can use french mustard if you like, it just a recipe, feel free to change things up a bit!;););)
Let the spankin begin!!!