martimarr

CYPRESS

Whats the diffrence in Cypress 1 pin 2 pin student all that stuff. I'm new just off AFF and looking for a used AAD. Found a student but didn't know if that was good for me or what. whats the diffrence in expert? I going to look at the airtec website but does anyone know real quick.;)

1 pin has one cutter, 2 pin has 2.

You need a 2 pin cypres for rigs with 2 pins and a 1 pin cypres for rigs with 1 pin. This is referring to the number of closing pins a rig has on its reserve system. The vast majority of rigs employ only one closing pin. A couple of designs however use 2 pins. It is imperative you get the right cypres model for your rig.

A 2 pin cypres can be converted to a 1 pin and vice versa with a little bit of expense. Most however simply buy the right cypres for the rig they have.

Of more concern is your intent to buy a student cypres. You should by an "expert" cypres. Until you have your A Licence you may be required to jump a student model... but that is only going to be for the next 10 - 20 jumps. Buy an expert model - the firing parameters are different and will be "safer" for you in ordinary use.