Sik

Tribute to the OG extreme sports...

I've noticed that nowadays the original "extreme sports" like Skydiving,rock climbing, mountain biking, ski/snowboarding, surfing etc... have faded away.

These sports were the ones that intrigued me as a youth and the ones I participated in or was dying to try. They all typically was involved with nature be it sky,water,snow, earth etc.

Nowadays if you go up to a kid and ask them what extreme sports they like you will typically get a answer of "skateboarding, Freestyle Moto X,maybe BMX (its fading as well)...

You will hardly ever here them talk about skydiving, surfing, rock climbing, etc.... some are hanging in there like Snowboarding. It seems that some of our sports only hang on in their niche and have faded away from the spotlight as modern, popular extreme sports, all thats left are kids that wanna wear tight jeans and skateboard around in a city.

The days of young people that are lay'd back and enjoy the feeling and get the deeper connection you get with sports such as surfing and skydiving seem gone....

END RANT: lol... could just be me but this is how I feel and here is a great video called Adrenaline Hunters. Well worth a watch for all!!! many different sports in it (good skydiving and BASE too) and a great soundtrack, good song/wingsuit part about 43min in... Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmSJwg1lRyU

Nowadays if you go up to a kid and ask them what extreme sports they like you will typically get a answer of "skateboarding, Freestyle Moto X,maybe BMX (its fading as well)...

If you're not trying to get sponsored by Go Fast, No Fear, or Red Bull it doesn't matter what's extreme.

The days of young people that are lay'd back and enjoy the feeling and get the deeper connection you get with sports such as surfing and skydiving seem gone....

Climb a mountain, smoke a snow bong at the top, and ride the freshies in the trees. Go for a nice hike in Moab and take the fast way down. Skydive with a small parachute, get some speed for landing, and land with a 90 degree turn around the hanger below roof top level. Regardless of what floats your boat don't worry about what's extreme.

The point of my rant really had nothing to do with whats considered extreme, I just used the term as that is the general sports category that these sports fall under.

I was just putting out my opinion that alot of the older sports such as skydiving, surfing, climbing etc.. that used to be the top sports that was the ones to be involved with have faded to the background and sports like skateboarding,bmx,FMX have taken over the limelight.

Makes no difference to me I know what I enjoy doing and will always do it even if everyone else quits but I wanted to throw the video up as a good highlight of some the "older" sports.

I could not watch the video. They went edit crazy with scene changes, made me dizzy But thanks for the rant.
I actually don't understand the "Extreme" tag. I never did anything that I considered extreme by me. I also dislike references to adrenaline. It makes me want to puke. Adrenaline I mean, physically. Heaving while unstowing the brakes on a tight jump http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg2xL5BeMFE. Then repacking and doing the jump again so I can actually enjoy the jump without the adrenaline side effects. I prefer to stay away from extreme stuff. I guess I am kinda normal.;)
Take care,
space