Sletzer

Beer Prices are officially going up...

... just because they can.

All product lines from Anheuser-Busch (Miller & Coors are responding and doing the same) are subject to increases.

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Investing/Dispatch/market-dispatches.aspx?post=1236196&_blg=1,1236196

Noooooooooo! F*cking Belgians are ruining everything!!! BASTARDS!!! (no offense to the non-offending Belgians)
I will be kissing hands and shaking babies all afternoon. Thanks for all your support! *bows*

SCS #8251

I would think you might have noticed, being a finance manager, that this happens during every economic depression we go through.
Simply supply and demand, no? More people unemployed => more people with time to kill => increase in prices for all vices. More people taking up skydiving too!

Last I read, it was lower-end brands like busch and natural light that were skyrocketing in sales. I guess they feel the potential for profit is there with the whole product line to increase in price. This is affecting a whole slew of beers, some we may not initially associate with these companies, but are produced by them nevertheless. Sucks to be us.
I will be kissing hands and shaking babies all afternoon. Thanks for all your support! *bows*

SCS #8251

I agree, but in some places it is harder to obtain those craft beers than others. I live in a college town with one small local brewery, and we're fortunate to have even that. ATL is like a mecca of mico-brews comparitively.

The big three bridging the gap might tempt me to buy more "premium" beers, as long as those beer companies don't react in turn and increase their prices as well..... which is really the bigger fear. Anheuser busch increasing their prices could set off a price raising chain reaction and end the world as we know it!! :P

Ah F*ck it! I'm still going to have a :D when I get off work today. Cheers!

SCS #8251

There has been talk for months about the steadily raising prices for hops, and (unfotunately) the beer prices had to follow. I will continue to purchase beer, but my money goes to the smaller craft brews rather than the large breweries. I would rather drink 1 Ommegang Hennepin than 4 (insert any major brand here) Light beer.

Cheers anyway! [:/]:D

Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber.
--- The Dude ---

I'll pay the higher price for better craft brews any day. -------------------------------------------

Me too!

Life is too short to drink bad cheap beer.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly