pairashooter

Skydiving Movies.com

I just received word that the SkydivingMovies.com server is losing its home. Matt Crocker has been donating hosting for years. Without his generosity, the site would have shut down years ago. But the insane bandwidth we use isn't cheap and it's become impossible for Matt to continue donating his services.

I don't know what the future holds for SkydivingMovies.com. The site exists on a dedicated server, which I'll be holding on to while we figure things out. Maybe someone wants to buy a ready-to-go website with thousands of videos and over 60,000 registered members? :)
So who works somewhere they can hide a server and many many gigs per day of data transfers?

Dave

Since 1999, it's averaged out at $0 per month. Very cheap!!!

I'll see if I can get some figures on bandwidth usage from Matt. I think realistically, SkydivingMovies.com version 3 would need to change formats a bit to compete with youtube and to dramatically reduce the load on the server. But what we have are hundreds of hours of videos (or something, i have no idea) and a database of info and users.

Dave

Find that out if you could because I would be happy to donate as much as possible and I'm sure others would as well. We could organize a PayPal donatation account and a possible AdWords campaign on the website by Google to help with the costs.

Does anyone else find it funny that we made a SPORT out of an EMERGENCY PROCEDURE?!?!