hollypocket

College of Pharmacy

Do you have a biology/biochem/chemistry bachelors degree? Thats the first place to start. Then (if haven't already) get a job at a pharmacy and get your credentials as a pharmacy tech. Its hard to get accepted to pharmacy school if they see that you don't have any experience in the field. Study your butt off and do well on your PCAT. Get some voluteer experience so that when you apply, they see that you have interests in giving back to your community.
And for the record: the appropriate ranking of cool modes of transportation is jet pack, hover board, transporter, Batmobile, and THEN giant ant.
D.S. #8.8

But it's really crappy doing the research on my own

No offense, but if you already think its hard work to do the research on how to get in, how will you fare when you actually get in and are put under a very difficult courseload? If its something that you really want, the research should be the exciting part.

Many of my best friends are in pharmacy school and I am currently in grad school for biology and am applying to medical school and we all work our asses off every single day. Just know what you are getting into...if you still want to go, thats AWESOME and pm me if you want more application advice. But it is very hard work.
And for the record: the appropriate ranking of cool modes of transportation is jet pack, hover board, transporter, Batmobile, and THEN giant ant.
D.S. #8.8

What you don't want to hear:

If doing a bit of on-line research about your desired career, is too "crappy" for you, you aren't cut out to be a pharmacist.

Based on the many pharmacists I have dealt with over the last 27 years as a nurse, I would say that almost all are:

-- Detail obsessed
-- Very bright
-- Inquisitive
-- Very well prepared
-- Self starters

If you can't figure out how to find this info, or are too lazy to find it for yourself.... the odds of you getting into, and graduating from, pharmacy school are VERY remote.

Be honest with yourself, it will save you and your family LOTS of time and $$$.
The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!

I am a licensed pharmacy tech, therefore want to further pursue the pharmaceutical field.

The "crappy" part was sarcasm, albeit nearly impossible to read in plain text, I'm just tryin to get some help.

People, people, SMILE! :)

It's awesome you are pursuing something you enjoy!B| Go get em'!

Try Ferris State University in Michigan. They take everyone. Well, they took me... for thousands of dollars.:S

Seriously they have a pharmacy program. Pharm out man.:P

Small world.
I knew a guy from my home town who went to pharmacy school there: Jim Dunn

When I was at Purdue, I got a copy of the placement report every year.
The notable thing about the pharmacy grads was their starting salaries always topped all other majors.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Just think of the benefits. Great pay, You know as a pharm tech that you are a shield in many cases for the pharmacist, dealing with disgruntled customers who are upset about their insurance, etc... You don't have to work with nurses, or too closely with doctors. Go for it!

You don't have to work with nurses, or too closely with doctors. Go for it!

That depends;
I worked in the plant operations dept of a hospital for several years before going to college.
We had a fulltime pharmacy in the hospital.
Believe me; They worked closely with doctors and nurses.

One cool thing about the pharmacy;
They periodically got a shipment of alcohol that our dept had to bring in from the loading dock;
A FIFTY-FIVE GALLON steel drum containing PURE 200-PROOF alcohol.
Ahh...the party that could have supplied.
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

One cool thing about the pharmacy;
They periodically got a shipment of alcohol that our dept had to bring in from the loading dock;
A FIFTY-FIVE GALLON steel drum containing PURE 200-PROOF alcohol.
Ahh...the party that could have supplied.

That is fantastic news! CHOC Hospital, here I come!:D
/\\>