Ketia0

Have you ever....

Put anything in you canopy while packing it? Like paper shreds or confetti..

are there any disadvantages to this???

just curious1 :)

I know a couple people who put altimeters in their canopies. The disadvantage was fortunately limited to the resulting need to purchase a new altimeter.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

I packed a pair of goggles in my canopy once, compliments of my toddler daughter playing with, then dropping them in there. Couldn't find my goggles. Borrowed some for the next jump. Jumped, opened, looked up to check canopy and watched my goggles falling away.[:/]

Another time I watched someone lose their ball cap under canopy. Laughed a bit as it drifted into the swamp. :D Later next week, my son couldn't find his Little League ball cap.
"Where'd you leave it?" I asked.
"In the living room."

Where I had packed mom's (Vskydiver) canopy lthe week before. Coach said it would be several weeks to get a new hat. Meantime, our kid couldn't play. Out to the swamp we drove. Thirty minutes of searching and we found the cap.:D

Anyone who jumped in Cedar Valley, Utah remembers the incessant dust, especially in the pack jobs. Every opening left a big puff of dust in the sky. We'd just say "Another Cedar Valley pack job.":)

I packed a pair of goggles in my canopy once, compliments of my toddler daughter playing with, then dropping them in there. Couldn't find my goggles. Borrowed some for the next jump. Jumped, opened, looked up to check canopy and watched my goggles falling away.[:/]

Yeah.. I lost a pair of goggles this way.. I just jumped without them and when I opened, to my surprise I saw them, reached out and *just* missed catching them.. Or at least, they *seemed* really close!! D'oh!

Thankfully they weren't the fancy/expensive ones!
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss

you seem bent on taking your skydiving to the stupid level.
why not just focus on the jump??

Umm.. i do focus on the jump.. I was just asking a question. I really love this sport, and think about it all the time. that was just one of my thoughts.

thanks to everyone else with thier replies! :)
"In this game you can't predict the future. You just have to play the odds. "-JohnMitchell

you seem bent on taking your skydiving to the stupid level.
why not just focus on the jump??

Umm.. i do focus on the jump.. I was just asking a question. I really love this sport, and think about it all the time. that was just one of my thoughts.

thanks to everyone else with thier replies! :)

Hey.. A lot of us had crazy/stupid ideas when we first started jumping.. Don't worry about it - just don't *do* any of it and you'll be fine :P:ph34r::ph34r:
"There is no problem so bad you can't make it worse."
- Chris Hadfield
« Sors le martinet et flagelle toi indigne contrôleuse de gestion. »
- my boss