Ketia0

this weekend....

Im going skydiving!! Anyone want to jump with me??? ;):)

Also.. In one of my earlier post, somebody said something about me taking down my skydiving pictures off my desk. I am glad i didnt!!!

One of our pipefitters came in and saw the pictures. struck up a conversation, and found out he jumped about 4 years ago. Started AFF, but only did 1 jump.. He then hurt his back ( non skydiving related), and hasnt jumped since...

He was telling me one of the biggest reasons he ahsnt gone back is its a 1 1/2 drive from his house... and he lives in the same city as me... I told him about the DZ i go to, spaceland, and that it was less tahn 45 min away! We talked skydiving for 30 minutes, and then throughout the day and next. He told me that he talked to his wife, and told her he wants to get back into it... And He is going to Spaceland off my recommendation..

And another example. One of out process engineers always hears my skydiving stories ( as does everyone that works here :P:):D

Im bringing a group of people to do thier first tandems saturday... because of my pictures...

So guys, i encourage everyone to have skydiving pictures on thier desk!! ;);):)

just my .02
"In this game you can't predict the future. You just have to play the odds. "-JohnMitchell

Im bringing a group of people to do thier first tandems saturday... because of my pictures...

Dude, that's just mean. You do understand that they will be blaming you for rest of their life for having to live in a trailer next to a DZ and eat noodels because they spend all their money on skydiving. :D

lol.. yea. someobdy once said one here that its pointless to tell someone how awesome skydiving is.. That if they want to do it then they will... i beg to differ..

When i was a young Whuffo, i thought skydiving was dumb. I would NEVER do that.. and i didnt want to do it even when i got to the DZ for the first time!!

The reason i started skydiving was because i liked a girl who wanted to jump... so i organized a jump so we could hang out... She ended up liking another guy... i ended up falling in love with skydiving... :)

"In this game you can't predict the future. You just have to play the odds. "-JohnMitchell

I tell the same story... MANY times over.. Ive done some pretty cool stuff for 33 jumps... Horny gorilla, a 6 way "zoo" jump.. that was a blast. a couple jumps with Jim twardo. though the jumps with Jim i can stretch out for a while.. They come with video! ;)

because after all my stories he wants to go... :ph34r::D

How many skydiving stories can you have with 30 jumps? I have 1 story and I have more than double the numbers, if your profile is correct.

What am I doing wrong??? :D:D:D

When you have 30 jumps you have 30 stories.:)

because after all my stories he wants to go... :ph34r::D

How many skydiving stories can you have with 30 jumps? I have 1 story and I have more than double the numbers, if your profile is correct.

What am I doing wrong??? :D:D:D

When you have 30 jumps you have 30 stories.:)

I was thinking like "oh shit" stories...
Always be kinder than you feel.

Im going skydiving!! Anyone want to jump with me??? ;):)

Also.. In one of my earlier post, somebody said something about me taking down my skydiving pictures off my desk. I am glad i didnt!!!

One of our pipefitters came in and saw the pictures. struck up a conversation, and found out he jumped about 4 years ago. Started AFF, but only did 1 jump.. He then hurt his back ( non skydiving related), and hasnt jumped since...

He was telling me one of the biggest reasons he ahsnt gone back is its a 1 1/2 drive from his house... and he lives in the same city as me... I told him about the DZ i go to, spaceland, and that it was less tahn 45 min away! We talked skydiving for 30 minutes, and then throughout the day and next. He told me that he talked to his wife, and told her he wants to get back into it... And He is going to Spaceland off my recommendation..

And another example. One of out process engineers always hears my skydiving stories ( as does everyone that works here :P:):D

just my .02

I will be there! Be sure the tandems give manifest your name, they give you credit on your account for each one you refer, I think it's $20 each.
Why would anyone jump out of a perfectly good airplane? Cause the door was open!

Once, on a slow swing shift, 4 of us controllers were sitting around swapping flying, controlling, fishing, jumping stories. I finished one of my humorous, interesting (I thought) jump stories, then the guy next to me said "Well, I've got a story, and this one's true!"

Ouch.:S I realized (A) he's an asshole and (B) my whuffo coworkers can't really understand what my sport is like. Since then I've really cut back on talking much about it. Just easier that way.:D

Once, on a slow swing shift, 4 of us controllers were sitting around swapping flying, controlling, fishing, jumping stories. I finished one of my humorous, interesting (I thought) jump stories, then the guy next to me said "Well, I've got a story, and this one's true!"

Ouch.:S I realized (A) he's an asshole and (B) my whuffo coworkers can't really understand what my sport is like. Since then I've really cut back on talking much about it. Just easier that way.:D

Yep! That was my point. With only 30 jumps you're so excited about every one of them that you think you have to tell anyone and everyone about them. After a while you realize that whuffos generally don't give a damn about your skydiving stories. (I made 'em listen anyway, and once in a while I made them sit through a video.):)

i only have two videos on the internet...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3iTDNJSlcI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppN09aPatxY

i cant tell you how many times i have showed this video at work.. a crazy amount of time for sure!!

All my bosses and coworkers have seen it more than once.. and they watched all my AFF jumps ;):)

Edit to add...

Also ALOT of our contractors, pipefitters, welders, I&E, and engineers have seen these videos too!!!

And eveytime theres a get together at my house... my AFF jumps go on my tv.:D:D.

its the only DVD my DVD player knows how to read. :ph34r:

Your sig line? "Only skydivers know why the birds sing."

I say "Only skydivers know why the birds crap on your car.":P:D:D

That's cool that you've got some coworkers coming out to try it. I've had a few do that over the years. I try to remember that even though some may make one or two jumps, this sport really isn't for everyone. Very rare is the whuffo friend or coworker that actually gets a license, a rig, and 100+ jumps. :)

Thats true... This sport is not for everyone. And i told eveyone thats going with me the dangers of it... I also told them that we are jumping at one of the safest DZ's in the world and I have total faith in the tandem instructors there.

Everyone should at least do it once!! :)
Im buying a tandem jump for my 68 y.o. Grandmother:ph34r::ph34r:.. its one thing she has always wanted to do.. that and ride in a helicopter. Maybe illg et her that for Christmas next year...

Thats true... This sport is not for everyone. And i told eveyone thats going with me the dangers of it... I also told them that we are jumping at one of the safest DZ's in the world and I have total faith in the tandem instructors there.

Im buying a tandem jump for my 68 y.o. Grandmother:ph34r::ph34r:.. its one thing she has always wanted to do.. that and ride in a helicopter. Maybe illg et her that for Christmas next year...

How about a tandem helicopter jump? 2 birds, one stone!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

How about a tandem helicopter jump? 2 birds, one stone!

dammit i was JUST bout to suggest that. ;)
Thanatos340(on landing rounds)--
Landing procedure: Hand all the way up, Feet and Knees Together and PLF soon as you get bitch slapped by a planet.