npgraphicdesign

Most ridiculous skydiving scene in a movie is...

I say...the skydiving scene in the move Shoot 'Em Up with Clive Owen. B| It's too f'n funny and seems impossible. Jumps out of a 737 (or 747) Boeing with a parachute and a few guns being chased by bad guys, takes out all the bad guys with a few well aimed shots while causing a canopy collision between two other bad guys, etc etc etc...:D:D:D

http://www.zshare.net/video/638043700aa1a8f3/ (towards the end of the movie starts at 67:25.)

What's your vote for most ridiculous skydiving scene in a movie?

the movie dropzone......on the jump where peewee has the malfunction and hard cutaway...if you notice when he was in freefall it showed him with a rig on and there wasent any main risers conected to the harness. makes me wonder when he deployed his main and had a malfunction, how was he connected to his main?? lol. (you can tell they just strapped some old harness on him and it didnt even have the main risers on it lol)

Some 007 movie.

JB jumps from a jeep which ran over a cliff. I was really amazed when the close up showed JB pulling the reserve handle, but unfortunately the canopy in the next shot had clearly had the D-bag attached to it.
007 proceeded to land on a boat and cutaway the 'reserve canopy' before falling into the arms of a beautiful woman.
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

Wish I had it...all of my first jumps were videoed on VHS...yea it was back then when VHS was top of the line productions...but lost all my tapes in the move from Indy to Pa.[:/]

I was the MOST unstable and I don't mean from a psychological stand point;)

You're up early!!

Bry

--------------------------------------------------
Growing old is mandatory.Growing up is optional!!

D.S.#13(Dudeist Skdiver)

I say...the skydiving scene in the move Shoot 'Em Up with Clive Owen.

When I saw your thread title I was going to jump straight in with that one.

It's not just the absurdity of the scene - there are plenty of rival movies on that score - it's that it's so badly done. I don't remember seeing a single frame of 'real' footage. The whole thing reeked of completely unconvincing green screen work.

I thought Shoot 'Em Up had a few nice scenes, but that wasn't one of them!

Some 007 movie.

JB jumps from a jeep which ran over a cliff. I was really amazed when the close up showed JB pulling the reserve handle, but unfortunately the canopy in the next shot had clearly had the D-bag attached to it.

The Living Daylights, I think. Prior to that Bond and his buddies exit a C-130 over Gibraltar, so he has already used and cut away his main. At least they got that bit right!

I actually like the skydiving scenes in most Bond movies, and there have been lots over the years. The one with Jaws in Moonraker(?) is still a classic. Someone else mentioned Get Smart, which seems to have been inspired by that scene.

The thing with the Bond movies is that since Tomorrow Never Dies (which sucked) they have gotten progressively worse.

And don't read the books - especially moonraker. It will ruin the corresponding movie for you.:)

"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

By the way, the best skydiving scene has to be in the movie "Top Secret".

It's just as retared as any Hollywood skydiving scene, but it's saving grace is that the producers intended it that way.

Keyword: fireplace :D

~mom