outlawphx

New Zero-P Packing Tips Here

Hey all,

I've compiled a few resources on packing new zero-p.

Dropzone.com Help
Sid's Reserve S-Fold
Brent Finely's Pro Packing Tip
Psycho Pack

Unfortunately, I didn't get mine bagged up last night. I think Brent's idea of the multiple folds of the tail got me the closest, but I think it didn't work because I put TOO much pressure on it with my knee while s-folding it. It just got too fat when I did the last s-fold.

I only gave the psycho pack a quick try, but the canopy was so slippery to even try to roll. I also hd the problem with the roll getting so fat. I may give it another shot tonight. Anybody have any other suggestions?

I have a brand new Tri 175 and am just learning to pro-pack [:/]....

Getting that sucker into the bag is not a easy thing....however one of the fine instructors at my DZ has taken me under his wing and is teaching me....the key point I've been shown is very similar to Sid's reverse S fold....the most important part being to reach underneath while laying on the cacoon and grabbing a handful of canopy...the canopy will not reinflate as long as you hold it enabling you to get the 1st S folds done and a knee on to begin working it into the corners of the bag.

Once to the cacoon stage I can get it in......now I just need to get the flaking part down (why did I buy a mostly dark blue canopy?:S )

now I just need to get the flaking part down (why did I buy a mostly dark blue canopy?:S )

Yeah, I like each cell to be a different color. That way it is very obvious if you have missed one. For example, if the canopy is red-white-red-white-red-white-red, then if you encounter two red cells in a row, or two white cells in a row, you know you missed one inbetween.

If you have packing tabs, you can number them one through seven/nine, to make sure that you get them all, in order.

Well, I just read Icarus's owners manual, and in there they explain the rolling is actually more like 4-5 fold overs when psycho packing. I'm going to give that a shot too.

The funny thing is that I probably have a couple thousand pack jobs to my credit, as it was the way I earned jump money when I first started jumping. My skills must of degraded over the years :D

....the key point I've been shown is very similar to Sid's reverse S fold....

Its very very commum out west in Canada...

You do it quite like Sid'S method, but, after picture 2, you place the folded end of the 1st S fold into the d-bag.

Then, you roll and gather the end of the roll and loose bits and put that end in the D bag as well. The rest is the same.

It ends up being pretty much the same internal arrangement of the canpy in th d-bag whne compared with teh traditional ProPack method, but gives you much better control.

As you said DeN, always keep a hand in the back of the roll to keep control.

Using this technique, you can keep your knees on your tail and slidder all the way, therefore helping in making sure it doesnt slide down the lines.
Remster