xtravrtsoul

Flying tubes

They are illegal at most, if not all, lakes in this area and the river is way too busy for it, but it does look fun. Don't know if I'd risk it though. Falling on the water is rough at higher speeds, add some vertical distance from the water and that can and has turned out really bad.

They are illegal at most, if not all, lakes in this area and the river is way too busy for it, but it does look fun. Don't know if I'd risk it though. Falling on the water is rough at higher speeds, add some vertical distance from the water and that can and has turned out really bad.

They are allowed in theBays around here...(San Diego)

I noticed that a lot of the videos I was watching had comments about being banned in certain areas. One of the videos the guy was wearing a helmet and he did a barrel roll on it and stayed in the air. Definitely can be dangerous but still fun to try.
You create life, life does not create you.

Was it just me or did that thing look more than a little unstable. How much control does the rider have? Does shifting his weight have an effect? The speed of the boat is obvious but I'm thinking that lockout will occur at a shallow angle, maybe 20 degrees off the line of the boat. But besides that, it looks like something I would've wanted to do. Thirty Five years ago when I was indestructable. :)
Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossilbe before they were done.
Louis D Brandeis

Where are we going and why are we in this basket?

I noted as many "..goes horribly wrong" as "looks fun" videos on the old YouTube, myself. Someone's gonna do a lot more stabilizing trigonometry on that thing before you put MY ass on one behind a drunken "boater."

....Although, left as-is, it's a pretty effective D.A.R.E.D. [Dumb Ass Redneck Elimination Device]
OrFunV/LocoBoca Rodriguez/Sonic Grieco/Muff Brother #4411
-"and ladies....messin with Robbie is venturing into territory you cant even imagine!-cuz Robbie is

I like this one better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1IPnnttL9k&feature=fvw

I think the boat captains need a bit more coaching about deceleration.

I watched the clip. I'm not sure if the boat slowed down or if the damn tube kite just pitched down due to inherent instability. On a stable kite, slowing down would bring you down gently. Not the case here.

Although I can see the attraction of these things (we all like to fly, don't we?) I think they are marginally stable and barely controllable, and therefore inherently dangerous. I couldn't help but thinking all that fuel being burned in the boat to fly one guy on the end of a tether could be better spent in a J-3 Cub really flying.:)