theonlyski

Free Jumps!

So, I get 5 free jumps next week!

It only took two weeks of beating the crap out of me on midevil devices designed to cause pain to the poor soul locked inside its grips, namely the Swing Landing Trainer.

Once I complete all 5, I get a nice $150/month as long as I do it a few times a year. Not to mention a purty badge!

For those of you who dont know, I managed to get my foot in the door of a WAY oversized class at Airborne school, we've had roughly 100 people fall out so far in 2 weeks of training. Its been rough, mentally and physically for me, letting your mind get the best of you really doesnt help here. Ive made it all the way through the training (lots... and LOTS of PLFs) now, I just have to exit the plane 5 times and make satisfactory jumps, and presto-paratrooper!

Got some pretty awesome bruises too, gotta love canopy release assemblies with no padding!
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

by the time i finished my airborne jump course my shoulders were purple

we had 2 americans on my course get their canadian wings, one was an instructor sgt 1st class that made a few jumps into the snow with us, the other was a private.

2 weeks of absolute shyite to jump turbo low on a parachute made to get you to the ground fast enough but without killing you....

good on ya! tough course.

btw, tips on landing with full gear, close ur eyes, chin to the chest and go limp, the lands are worse then in the swings lol
The Altitude above you, the runway behind you, and the fuel not in the plane are totally worthless
Dudeist Skydiver # 10

So, I get 5 free jumps next week!

It only took two weeks of beating the crap out of me on midevil devices designed to cause pain to the poor soul locked inside its grips, namely the Swing Landing Trainer.

Once I complete all 5, I get a nice $150/month as long as I do it a few times a year. Not to mention a purty badge!

For those of you who dont know, I managed to get my foot in the door of a WAY oversized class at Airborne school, we've had roughly 100 people fall out so far in 2 weeks of training. Its been rough, mentally and physically for me, letting your mind get the best of you really doesnt help here. Ive made it all the way through the training (lots... and LOTS of PLFs) now, I just have to exit the plane 5 times and make satisfactory jumps, and presto-paratrooper!

Got some pretty awesome bruises too, gotta love canopy release assemblies with no padding!

Cooool so after next week you ain't a leg anymore:)

we've had roughly 100 people fall out so far in 2 weeks of training.

Congrats on making it this far in Jump school. It still amazes me that the drop out numbers are so high these days seeing how jump school has actually gotten easier over the years. Let us know when you stop being a dirty stinking leg.;)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Another week and you will be cured of that nasty legitis. Lot's of us attended a many of the Ft. Benning schools for young men-great memories. Keep the wings they pin on you-someday they will have even more value. Buy some from C/S or the PX for your uniform. Good luck next week-keep your feet and knees together and eyes on the horizon.
"You can't teach what you don't know and you can't lead where you won't go"

we've had roughly 100 people fall out so far in 2 weeks of training.

Congrats on making it this far in Jump school. It still amazes me that the drop out numbers are so high these days seeing how jump school has actually gotten easier over the years. Let us know when you stop being a dirty stinking leg.;)

We had 2 quit on the second day, jump refusals on the 34' towers. I guess Im just wired differently. I had a blast on the towers. Not so much on the LDA or the SLT. We had a couple that were failure to qualify on the LDA and PLFs and the a bunch of dumb privates being stupid got the boot or recycled. Not to mention all the pt test failures. They say on average we will have a few jump refusals Monday too. Don't see why you would beet yourself up this much then quit at the fun part.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

We had 2 quit on the second day, jump refusals on the 34' towers. I guess Im just wired differently. I had a blast

Of course you're wired differently. You're a skydiver. It's like walking a fat man into a donut shop.:P

I was never Airborne, but my jump buddies that were loved it, would make extra jumps when they could. A lot of the folks that get the wings dread that once-a-quarter jump, doing it for the flag, mom, and apple pie (as well as the jump pay.) Those folks are brave.:o

We had 2 quit on the second day, jump refusals on the 34' towers. I guess Im just wired differently. I had a blast

Of course you're wired differently. You're a skydiver. It's like walking a fat man into a donut shop.:P

I was never Airborne, but my jump buddies that were loved it, would make extra jumps when they could. A lot of the folks that get the wings dread that once-a-quarter jump, doing it for the flag, mom, and apple pie (as well as the jump pay.) Those folks are brave.:o

I was always volunteering to do the demo jumps.. I never had to worry about needing a jump to remain current for my $50 a month.;)

Most of my military jumps were under C-9's... hell when doing a required jump on an MC1-1.. I would stand those up...friggin things were huge:ph34r: I told the officers I stood em up so I would not get my uniform dirty..... that was improper care and use of clothing and equipment:)

2 hollywoods down, one more plus 2 combat rigged and Im done. It's been so long since I've had line twists. Damn riggers need to pack better.;)

Weather permitting, we will be done wednesday afternoon! And on those two jumps, I managed to avoid Lake Fryar. Some weren't so lucky.