Squeak

TomTom xl340

looking at getting one.
Any VALID opinions on why i should or should not buy one?

I have the TomTom XL ONE.. And i love it! user friendly interface. quick navigation!

So my guess is the xl340 is probably just what you're looking for!

If you shop around you can find the tomtom Go630 (superior model) for cheaper than the xl340.

The Go models are much faster, and many options that are disabled on the xl340 are enabled on the go series. Go models have bluetooth and memory card slot, while I think the 340xl has internal memory (not upgradable).

only thing i don't like about the go630 is that it doesn't have the mexico map loaded in (have to buy it separately). It is loaded on the xl340.

hope this helps!

edit: I just saw the go630 on amazon.com for 146$ , you might be able to find it for even cheaper.

I got myself a GO730 last summer after I had been running TomTom on a PDA for a couple of years....

And DAMN this 730 are quick to lock on to the sattelite signals.... Heck it even picks up the signal indoors if it's not to much steel and/or concrete in the building B|

Go and get yourself a nice "GO" :)

“The sum of intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.” - George Bernard Shaw
He who dies with the most toys, wins.....
dudeist skydiver # 19515
Buy quality and cry once!

I just got the avn4430 eclipse/tom tom put in my truck, it's nice I guess if you are looking to get directions in a city; find a bar or a bite to eat. I just left from lost prairie to lincoln N.E and gave it the real test, didn't work very well, it goes by the shortest distance or the quickest route, since the GPS doesn't now speed limits it tends to take you on the back streets and dirt roads... Not sure if there is a setting i might be missing.. All in all the only time i trusted it was when i pulled off the interstate and was looking for a place to eat. But not many people would use it on long road trips like this, it's a better backup just incase you really really get lost, i guess it was worth the piece of mind, stick with the maps i would say
the big dirty

I just got a garmin nuvi today. I have not used it yet but loaded a few addresses and played with it. Work fantastic in the house so far. I dont know anything about the different gps units but i believe divot suggested garmin over tom tom and so did several others who do a lot of driving when the same topic came up a month back.
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

I too have a garmin Nuvi (for the car) and have to say I like it alot.

The only expereince I have of TomTom is a few years old now and on a PDA - so is out of date and not too relevant.

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome