loumeinhart

need immediate help cooking

True Buffalo Wings, like they made in Buffalo before the rest of the world heard of them, never use breading and are always deep-fried. Period.

In one pot, deep-fry the wings in oil. You can adjust how crispy they do/don't get by how long you cook them. (A regular pot works fine if you don't have a deep-fryer).

An easy way to drain the oil off them, using kitchen tools typically on-hand, is to use a big slotted spoon to fish them out of the oil (unless you have a deep-fryer with cooking basket), then put them in a pasta colander, lined with paper towel, to drain for a couple minutes.

In another pot, melt down a stick of butter or equivalent amount of margarine, and mix with a 4-oz bottle of Frank's Hot Sauce. Toss the freshly-cooked wings into this pot, cover the pot and shake it around to coat thoroughly the wings with the sauce.

Have a bowl of good blue cheese dressing on hand. Consume the freshly-coated wings by dipping the wings into the blue cheese, and eating. The combination of the sauce and the blue cheese is to die for.

Plenty of beer is a must. If you're not an alcohol drinker, get non-alcoholic beer.

P.S. - if you do this in your home, make sure you have the exhaust fan above your stove on, and a window open in/near the kitchen - or else your home will smell like the corner bar & grill for the next week.

True Buffalo Wings, like they made in Buffalo before the rest of the world heard of them, never use breading and are always deep-fired. Period.

You are correct. I like breading though. These are my "healthy" insane wings:

100% whole wheat germ flour, paprika (breading)
10 whole wings
baked in olive oil on a cookie tray
sauce=pureed tomatos, onions, habeneros from bridgeday, japs, horseraddish.

So, a little fat from the olive oil and chicken, but very low/no sodium and no bad breading carbs..

Yes certainly real wings are fried, however I didn't think olive oil could be used for frying, so i guessed that the recipe was for baking.

I use olive oil for most pan/wok frying, unless I'm cooking Asian, in which case I prefer sesame oil if I have it available. But I've always used "general" cooking oil for deep-frying; it has a more neutral flavor, and it's a lot less expensive than olive oil.