DOA

Can anyone reccomend these helmets of the starter pack?

Hi,
Does anyone have experiance of these helmets? Are they value for money? Is the "starter" pack worth the money?

http://www.headshield.com

many Thanks
Phil.

-------------------------------------
When I learn new stuff, it pushes the old stuff out of my brain!

More detail>>
http://www.headshield.com/hermes/shop/10,1,10

O.K. heres what you get!

1) A "Freedom" helmet. 2) Add a "Composite design". 3) A pair of HandShield Gloves. 4) A pair of "EyeShield" goggles. 5) An alti III Galaxy altimeter. Normal price with delivery is £276.50.

Buy this package now and get the gloves and goggles completely FREE!!!! and pay only £240 for the lot including UK & Ireland shipping.

Oh yes! The photo shows the range available. It is NOT for all shown in the price.

Phil.

The starter pack includes an altimeter. All I'm doing is pricing up kit thats available in the UK so I know a good deal when I see one in the states when i do my aff/fs1 in july.

Phil.

I'd buy your stuf in the states because the $ is so weak. You can either buy at the DZ's own shop or from anywhere else in the states and get it shipped to the DZ you're going to.

Price on a nice open face helmet out there is about $200 (eg bonehead)... plus an alti at about $150... say $50 for goggles and gloves. You're looking at about $400 for the lot. That's not a lot over £200 in real money. I guess if you need it shipped the costs are not that far appart.

It's also a great idea to actually try on any helmet you're thinking of getting. Everyone's head's are shaped differently and different helmets fit different heads differently. :P

As for headshields... there are mixed opinions about them.

Thx onec again for the info. I had thought it best to buy in the USA but me being me I'm chomping at the bit to get bought into this sport.

I'll curn my endorphines till july and try lots of gear on @ the DZ/shops.

I take it bonehead helmets are top notch ?

Phil.

Hey DOA-

If you are planning to buy gear and use it while at Sebastian double check. I'm not sure if the DZ has a gear store @ this time. If they don't, an option is to order from another US gear shop and have it delivered to sebastian while you are there, or to make a days trek up to deland or to lake wales for some purchases. :)

Stacy> I think sebastian does hava gear shop. I'll hand fire on buying any gear untill a few days into my course. I'll grill lots of pros while @ the DZ, I've got 2 weeks to make an informed desicion and save money while in the USA (I'll be coming from rip off britain).

Again, fab response.

I'm thinking I should cahnge my posting name. DOA is just a little to close to the bone for a rookie airhead and somewhat tempting fate :S (aka Dead On Arrival

whoops, sorry. I was confusing sebastian with another DZ or offer of someone local to the DZ to go and see his shop.

Sorry !
Phil.