NickDG

"This Tape Will Self Destruct in 5 Seconds . . ."

Be nice to think his 'death' was an elaborate hoax to bring about to bring about the overthrow of some foreign despot or something. :)
Sadly I guess it's just a reminder that some missions - like getting out of this thing alive - remain impossible.

Watching reruns of the old show still brings back the excitement of seeing it as a kid - although I wonder whether without that theme tune it would have endured so well. I did love him in Airplane! as well, but I can't remember much else that he did. He did have a cameo in one of the Tom Cruise movies, didn't he?

Damn. I used my stepfather's last name from about the age of 5 up till I was about 40. And yep, you guessed it...Phelps...My first name is Jim and I heard the line "Good morning, Mr. Phelps" at least once a day for years till I went back to my original name.

TripleF

"Upon seeing the shadow of a pigeon, one must resist the urge to look up."

>>Anyone old enough may remember this:
I watched "Fury" every Saturday morning. It was the warm up to Wonderama. The I'd go out and play baseball, build a fort in the woods, then help old man Wilson burn his leaves, and after that run our skate scooters down Suicide Hill until it got dark. Then I'd go home for dinner and settle in to watch an episode of Chiller Theater . . . !

Being a kid in the sixties was the bomb!

NickD :)

>>Anyone old enough may remember this:
I watched "Fury" every Saturday morning. It was the warm up to Wonderama. The I'd go out and play baseball, build a fort in the woods, then help old man Wilson burn his leaves, and after that run our skate scooters down Suicide Hill until it got dark. Then I'd go home for dinner and settle in to watch an episode of Chiller Theater . . . !

Being a kid in the sixties was the bomb!

Your fuckin OLD dude...

OK about 5 years older than me!:D

No shit, still being here to talk about it, and remember when all the fun happened "Outside"!

My first parachute jump, from the third floor window of the house next door..with a sheet, tied into a parachute, slowed me down enough, I only sprain an ankle, (and no we did not go to a "Doctor" over that ):D

Ya simply delt with it!

No shit, still being here to talk about it, and remember when all the fun happened "Outside"!

My first parachute jump, from the third floor window of the house next door..with a sheet, tied into a parachute, slowed me down enough, I only sprain an ankle, (and no we did not go to a "Doctor" over that ):D

Ya simply delt with it!

I was in 3rd grade jumping a bicycle over a ramp made of 2 boards and a couple of rocks. Just after my mother told me not to do that again I made one last run and the bike went between the two boards and hit the rocks. The bike did an endo and I busted 3 teeth on the handlebars or the ground or something. Mom busted my ass all the way to the dentist.:S

and after that run our skate scooters down Suicide Hill until it got dark.

Lemme guess;
At the end of the hill, it dumped you into a freeway?:S
There was a black kid in in your group?
I recall Bill Cosby describing something like that in one of his comedy albums.:D
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

I smoked pot with Cosby once (Bill, not Bing) it was at a USO show in the early 70's. I was backstage with him (before he was Dr. Huckstable) taking photographs for the Stars & Stripes Newspaper and he had me frigging rolling on the floor . . .