Jbag

point and shoot camera

What's your budget? I'll look on Consumer reports for you if you want. I bought a Canons A590IS for my girlfriend, and it's been a pretty good camera so far...

"If all you ever do is all you ever did, then all you'll ever get is all you ever got."

I've been happy with FujiFilms. They have a decent amount of settings and most of them take different types of memory cards so you can use any extra ones from other cameras or devices.

"Ignorance is bliss" and "Patience is a virtue"... So if you're stupid and don't mind waiting around for a while, I guess you can have a pretty good life!

What are you shooting now? Sometimes helps to stay with the brand you currently use because the menus are usually very similar.

That aside, I have a Nikon Coolpix S630 for my point and shoot and think it's a great camera. I haven't found anything that it doesn't do well with for a P&S. Posted some vacation pics from it on facebook and someone made a comment that it looked like I had been shooting with my dSLR. Never did respond back that pics were from the S630.

Link here is to Amazon but it's being sold through Adorama for about $100 cheaper than it was at Best Buy last summer when I bought it.
Andy
I'll believe it when I see it on YouTube!

any recommendations?

If you know much about taking pictures, as in manual settings, etc, I recommend the SX210 from canon. if not, and you like super tiny cameras that take a beating I also have the Olympus TOUGH 8000. great pics, 14mp, waterproof and crashproof. (important while skiing and speed riding)

Love the Canon Powershot, took the following pic from my SD450, 5 MP (yeah :o cell phones have bigger MP now) in 2006, digital macro of a ladybug.

And a shot of the Bellagio lobby in 2007.

Pretty hardy, fast enough for my needs and small for when I don't feel like lugging around the SLR :)
Also, check out http://www.dpreview.com/ for digital camera reviews - really cool tests, comparisons, test pictures and lots of technical detail.

I love my Nikon Coolpix. It was well under $200, fits in a jumpsuit or shirt pocket, has 3X optical zoom, and takes AA batteries and std. SD memory cards. It takes quick, easy snapshots. Any better of a camera would just be a distraction for me. :P

does the lady come with the camera?...or maybe a younger version of the lady =D...

i appreciate all the info guys, anymore is still welcomed, i havnt bought anything yet...so far i have found this
[url]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001SER47Y/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER[url]

im kind of partial to it so far. i was on that DPR site earlier and it got pretty good reviews and its
IHYD

Do your research on a reputable sight like dpreview.com. I tried a Coolpix but really didn't like the quality. Returned it and bought a Canon Powershot SD780 IS. For a little point and shoot it's done really well for me.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Check out Ken Rockwell's site.

He loves Canon point and shoots...to the exclusion of everything else. I recently bought the Canon S90..his favourite camera and have been very pleased with it.
--
Murray

"No tyranny is so irksome as petty tyranny: the officious demands of policemen, government clerks, and electromechanical gadgets." - Edward Abbey