The_Don

Thank you crappy weather!

Weather made us take the weekend off from the DZ, (first in two months) turned out to be a good thing! :)
Wife went to go to bed about 11 last night & I hear...

FLOOD!!!!:o The supply line to the toilet cracked, the bathroom already had about a half inch of water & had started into the bedroom.

Had it fixed fast enough, but I hate to think what we would have come home to if we had been gone all weekend!
I am NOT being loud.
I'm being enthusiastic!

Damn, glad you caught it in time. :)
Once in our house, in the upstairs kids' bathroom, the toilet tank cracked, I'm guessing spontaneously. Our oldest daughter, about 14-15 at the time, notice it in the middle of the night. She shut off the water, mopped up the mess with towels, and went back to bed without waking us. I couldn't thank her enough the next morning. :)
It really makes you want to shut off the water to the house every time you go out. ;)

It really makes you want to shut off the water to the house every time you go out.

Just finished separating the outside watering system from the house supply. For this exact reason. When I go out of town I'll be able to shut off the inside water and still have a green lawn and happy plants. :)
ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Same thing happened to me, cracked toilet tank. Unfortunately it happened shortly after I left the house for a 16 hour shift at work. By time I got home the bathroom and bedroom were flooded and it was raining in the basement. BTW, when your toilet tank gets a crack it'll continue to run until it can fill the tank, which unfortunately never happens.

Ruined the wood floors (fortunately I was renting at the time) and some clothes I had sorted out on the floor so I could do laundry when I got home. :(

Landlord said it probably cracked simply from stress. Apparently the person who lived there before me weighed about 400 pounds (no exaggeration).

I have a list of stuff I do before we leave for the weekend.

New item= Turn of H20.. :P

Must be the weekend for floods. I had a new hot water heater installed this past week and came home to my entire basement (finished) flooded. Apparently the new pipe burst (my thought is the guy didn't put enough glue stuff on it). But I spent the nice days this week cleaning up after it while it has rained non-stop all weekend.

I think I am shutting water off while I am gone also... this was a pain in the tush... I am tired of all this wetness! :ph34r:
Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I

Must be the weekend for floods. I had a new hot water heater installed this past week and came home to my entire basement (finished) flooded. Apparently the new pipe burst (my thought is the guy didn't put enough glue stuff on it).

Wow, that sucks.[:/]

Is the installer's insurance going to pay to have everything repaired or replaced?