quade

Inglourious Basterds

Inglorious Basterds is definitely my favorite movie of this year! You just have to love QT's brandmarks! The spaghetti western music! The long scenes!

And i just LOVE how each scene goes on and on and on! And you're just sitting there waiting for something to happen.. You wait and wait and wait and the BOOM! everyone is dead or dying! seeing this movie on a large tv with surround is a sweet experience! Especially for the tavern scene! ;)

Also i he did a great job with the casting! Christoph Waltz (Hans Landa) is such a strong character! great performance. I also like Richard Sammel who plays the german sgt! Great acting, alltough cut a bit short :P

EDIT: If anyone else hates those fucking twilight movies (like myself) my favorite movie of 2008 is "Let The Right one In" its a swedish thriller. And its a fucking masterpiece.

Wiki says the budget was a mere 4 million USD, as compared to the 50 million dollar budget of making Twilight New Moon! Yet the swedish low budget kicks hollywoods ass!

Has anyone here seen it? If you haven't and plan to. For gods sake see the original one! not the one with english audio! you can read right?

I would like to see his spin on Steel Magnolias. I.e. something without all the Hollywood special-effects and action scenes--just pure storytelling.

I would argue that 50% of Inglourious Basterds is exactly what you've asked for. It's really two movies with one central character that ties them together.

So, we never did watch it that night and rather than hold on to it and deprive others (as we were super-busy) I sent it back to Netflix. We received it on the day it was DVD-released and then it took until just now to get it back. :|

I have seen the first half as of now. LOVE IT! I cannot believe how much I love it. I even like Brad Pitt. I would marry Eli Roth if I were available, but it seems he only dates ugly chicks. :P:) In any case, I am really enjoying this movie so far. I meant to watch it uninterrupted last night, but--well--we were interrupted. It happens.

:)
Paint me in a corner, but my color comes back.

Holy thread bump Batman!

QT movies, for the most part, enjoyable to me. The script and dialogue are great, matched with a general unpredictability that unfortunately seems to become predictable as he continues his style.

Very happy to see Christoph Waltz win the Oscar. Truly deserved it.

Brad Pitt adds a comedic element to the movie that is certainly needed, and even though BJ Novak doesn't really come into play until towards the end, he and Brad Pitt together are hilarious.

"Ooooo, that's a BINGO!!"
Skydiving: You either learn from other's mistakes, or they'll learn from yours.

I would like to see his spin on Steel Magnolias. I.e. something without all the Hollywood special-effects and action scenes--just pure storytelling.

OK, since the thread is already bumped: wouldn't Jackie Brown fit the bill? Not an action or effects movie - really just honed down to the storytelling, the acting and the dialogue. And possibly still my favourite Tarantino film.

Edited to add: maybe the storytelling credit ought to go to Elmore Leonard, but I haven't read the source novel so I'm not sure how faithful to it the movie is.