shah269

Skydiving + life insurance

So, just out of curiosity why can't you pick up the same policy you had that your wife canceled? Was it whole or term?

You don't have any kids/family... what/who is this life insurance money going to go to and/or cover if you bounce?

Please note that if this is a stupid question it is because I am not an engineer... just a blonde programmer chick.

You made me laugh :D
TPM Sister#130ONTIG#1
I love vodka.I love vodka cause it rhymes with Tuaca~LisaH
You having a clean thought is like billyvance having a clean post.iluvtofly

So, just out of curiosity why can't you pick up the same policy you had that your wife canceled? Was it whole or term?

You don't have any kids/family... what/who is this life insurance money going to go to and/or cover if you bounce?

Please note that if this is a stupid question it is because I am not an engineer... just a HOT blonde programmer chick.

fixed it for ya!!:)

Awww... your too sweet!
Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I

Please note that if this is a stupid question it is because I am not an engineer... just a HOT blonde programmer chick.

Well, after just recently going through this, one of the reasons that he may want to get a life insurance policy now is to lock in his ability to be insured.
I have no dependents, so if I eat it tomorrow, then that money will go to mom and dad.

However, what I did was a term80 that can be converted at ANY time to whole life without another questionnaire or exam. If I develop diabetes, cancer, etc, that would disqualify me or make my rates astronomical, then too bad, so sad, I don't have to go through anything and they are stuck with me.

I do pay a premium for jumping though, even though the underwriting questions are fairly stupid. However, I consider swooping to be much more dangerous than RW, so I just kept my mouth shut on that part.

Term life typically does not cover skydiving. You will likely need a whole life policy. I have a $300.000 whole life policy and pay and extra $1500 per year for the skydiving. For both the skydiving and my being a private pilot, the total extra on top of the policy is about 3K extra per year.

Mine is a 30 yr Term policy and not cheap. Skydiving is covered. Shah... skydiving is a big deal and I even got a discount for being an instructor.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

http://www.zander.com I'm not all that smart but Dave Ramsey is a pretty smart man and if he says Whole Life is a rip off I am inclined to believe him.

My Policy covers me if I die PERIOD. I just passed the 2 year mark so no matter how I die its covered.

Last sop looking for advice from the internet go to zander.com and talk to someone there. Asking for life insurance advice from the internet is like asking skydiving advice from....ummm never mind ;)

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

As I recall it was a term life insurance sufficient to cover the cost of the condo + outstanding student loans + other. So about $500k.
I recall it may have included x number of jumps for $50 a month.
But you also have to remember I did score off the charts when it came to the health readings.
Add to it that i don't smoke and don't have any cancer in my immediate family and so I was able to get a low price.
But that being said, my soon to be x wife wasn't exactly smart when she canceled the policy with out informing me. God forbid I died due to a motorcycle accident or......hell just a bad fall in the shower she would have been stuck with a $300k loan for a condo and she only makes $35k a year.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Doesn't sound like you need life insurance for me. who cares if your condo loan and student loans get paid off if you bounce?

Unless your separation agreement requires you to have insurance sufficient for those items (the mortgage, the student loans I presume are in your name anyway) then that is her problem, especially since she is the one that cancelled the insurance.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

As I recall it was a term life insurance sufficient to cover the cost of the condo + outstanding student loans + other. So about $500k.
But you also have to remember I did score off the charts when it came to the health readings.
Add to it that i don't smoke and don't have any cancer in my immediate family and so I was able to get a low price.
But that being said, my soon to be x wife wasn't exactly smart when she canceled the policy with out informing me. God forbid I died due to a motorcycle accident or......hell just a bad fall in the shower she would have been stuck with a $300k loan for a condo and she only makes $35k a year.

Are you underwater on the condo? If not, the sale of the condo should be able to pay it off and any other debts without the need for insurance.
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Hmmm... interesting. I have never heard of a life insurance policy allowing you x number of jumps. I find that to be interesting in the calculation of risk.

So are you not going to ride a motorcycle or live life while without a life insurance policy? Seems odd that you are writing off skydiving because of the lack of policy.

Also, doesn't your work have life insurance. Most employers offer it. I pay very little for 4 times my salary. Of course additional life insurance to cover skydiving/additional amounts should the situation warrant it.
Kim Mills
USPA D21696
Tandem I, AFF I and Static Line I

I vaguely recall something about 50 jumps a year....I'm not sure since I'm at work and the old papers are at home.
But I've actually have had second thoughts riding the motorcycle. To and from work. Yeah the woman was nuts, yeah she hurt me and it will take a long long time for me to recover but no one should pay on a condo that's under water. Especially if their income is 1/10th of what they need.
Yeah I'm that fracking stupid that i actually give a rats ass about my soon to be x wife in case i bight the big one.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

You can call the number referenced on the USPA link above..

Shorter answer - for 500k of life insurance and jumping Less than 50 times per year; the quoted cost to me was $165 per month.

Yes, the cost goes up if you are jumping more than 50 times per year for their Term Life. All some risk calculation... I was told "The flat extra is the additional cost for skydiving. It is $2.50 per $1000 for those that dive 50 times or less a year and $5 per $1000 for those that dive more than 50 time in a year."

Therefore, if you wanted their insurance for more than 50 jumps per year, add and extra $1,250 per year to the total cost (about $100 more per month for those who don't want to do the math)...

They will get your general information over the phone and then send you a quote page with three different companies....

Once the plane takes off, you're gonna have to land - Might as well jump out!!