virgin-burner

i need a new ultra-portable notebook / netbook

curently, i'm almost sold on this one..

i got good experience with asus, i just miss a little of that "extra" performance boost; i dont care really if i can play with it for four or ten hours; i just like surfing, watching videos (eventually editing some), gaming a bit every now and then..

what is important is, it must be TINY; and LIGHT; and yea, it should exceed the performance of the 901 is used to own; a little more storage is cool too, i would prefer SSD, but they're just way to expensive..

i've been looking at the macbook air too, but hey, i dont have 2 grand to shell out on that.. somewhere in the range of 500$ is much more likely..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Well, I got tired of lugging my laptop from city to city and RESERVEDLY bought one of these Toshiba netbooks in the thought that I could always flip to something different if it didn't work out. My primary criteria is large fingers and not wanting the smooth piano key type keyboard. The keyboard is a 98%'er so it bodes well. I did add the extra Gig of RAM (2).

I am very impressed with its processing power - Google earth, Gimp, Skype is awesome, battery life, weight, etc. My only real concern is it gets really hot on the bottom, but so far, no worries. My biggest disappointment was the single video card so I can only use one monitor at a time. But, since I use really large monitors have learned to adapt.
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

I am very impressed with its processing power - Google earth, Gimp, Skype is awesome, battery life, weight, . My only real concern is it gets really hot on the bottom, but so far, no worries. My biggest disappointment was the single video card so I can only use one monitor at a time. But, since I use really large monitors have learned to adapt.

Yeah there are laptops that can produce excessive heat. Would be nice if the manufacturer would include a removable stand that elevates the bottom of the laptop off the surface so air can flow under it.
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

'Other suggestions" on notebooks/netbooks or suggestions from other people? :P

both! :)
i've read good and bad reviews from the one i've posted, while the one was a VERY good one..

i just want something small, light, with "good" performance.. :)
everything else i looked at is kinda expensive, lacks "power" or whatever..
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

i got good experience with asus, i just miss a little of that "extra" performance boost; i dont care really if i can play with it for four or ten hours; i just like surfing, watching videos (eventually editing some), gaming a bit every now and then..

what is important is, it must be TINY; and LIGHT; and yea, it should exceed the performance of the 901 is used to own; a little more storage is cool too, i would prefer SSD, but they're just way to expensive..

i've been looking at the macbook air too, but hey, i dont have 2 grand to shell out on that.. somewhere in the range of 500$ is much more likely..

So basically you want Chrystal on a Bud Light budget
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama
BTR #1 / OTB^5 Official #2 / Hellfish #408 / VSCR #108/Tortuga/Orfun

chrystal, like in crystal meth for the price of mexican grass!? yay, i'm all up for that!!! :D
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

chrystal, like in crystal meth for the price of mexican grass!? yay, i'm all up for that!!! :D

I spelled it wrong - not my usual buy:

Cristal
I'm not usually into the whole 3-way thing, but you got me a little excited with that. - Skymama

An excellent ultraportable to consider is the Acer Timeline 1810T, or the upcoming 1830T (which uses the Core i3 instead). These 'netbook' like ultraportables use real CPU's rather than Atoms.

I have one of those, and love it. 11.6" screen, Core2 Duo dual-core, 1080p video capable (external BluRay drive works), HDMI output, gigabit Ethernet, latest 11n WiFi, Bluetooth 2.1, 4 gigs RAM, 320 gigs HDD, Windows 7 Professional, and 8 hour battery (6 hour real-world)

...all in a 3 pound netbook form factor!

(I paid $649 for it.)

An excellent ultraportable to consider is the Acer Timeline 1810T, or the upcoming 1830T (which uses the Core i3 instead). These 'netbook' like ultraportables use real CPU's rather than Atoms.

I have one of those, and love it. 11.6" screen, Core2 Duo dual-core, 1080p video capable (external BluRay drive works), HDMI output, gigabit Ethernet, latest 11n WiFi, Bluetooth 2.1, 4 gigs RAM, 320 gigs HDD, Windows 7 Professional, and 8 hour battery (6 hour real-world)

(I paid $649 for it.)

got a link!? :)
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

(I paid $649 for it.)

You copy the text "Acer Timeline 1810T", then open another browser window, go to www.google.com, and paste the text "Acer Timeline 1810T". You'll get lots of links.
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."

(I paid $649 for it.)

You copy the text "Acer Timeline 1810T", then open another browser window, go to www.google.com, and paste the text "Acer Timeline 1810T". You'll get lots of links.

nope, tried everything, from my location all i got was "this"

honestly, and i'm so sorry about it, u know, usually my google-knowledge-stuff is exceeding most americans, just flew right past it; cant help it, i'm just that much better! :|
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

(I paid $649 for it.)

honestly, and i'm so sorry about it, u know, usually my google-knowledge-stuff is exceeding most americans, just flew right past it; cant help it, i'm just that much better! :|

OUCH! Is someone menstruating ....
'Shell

(I paid $649 for it.)

u wanna help me out!? B|
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

OUCH! Is someone menstruating .... he is anatomically suited to it:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

he is

anatomically suited to it:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

as long as i dont get as much sand in my vagina as you'd have, i'll be just fine.. B|
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

he is

as long as i dont get as much sand in my vagina as you'd have, i'll be just fine.. B|

Not NEARLY as much sand where you live - That mouse is surrounded by it.
Even if yours is bigger and more cavernous - there is still more sand to get in his.:)

he is

Even if yours is bigger and more cavernous - there is still more sand to get in his.:)

Boys ... be nice ... shake out the sand in your manginas and move on ... :)
'Shell

he is

Could you show us your video on exactly how to get that done?

he is

NOT MINE

But here's yours ... ;);)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCQ2ApLg7PU

B|B|B|
'Shell

he is

NOT MINE

But here's yours ... ;);)

B|B|B|

i'm SOOO disapponted now.. :|
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

he is

MINE

here it is ... ;);)

B|B|B|

Wow Shell - you look - a little more - hmm - butch is the word that comes to mind.
I like it better the way you are usually.

So - umm - can you show your boobs please?:)