boinky

"Stop And Smell The Roses"--50'th Birthday Edition

Geez! Where has the time gone? I am about to be 50 years old!! :o But my loss of age is about to be your gain! I've decided to have a 50'th birthday contest. And the winner will win $50, of course! ;)

This contest is going to be a good bit different than the "roses" contests of the past. Most of those yucky old restrictions have been removed! So you might be asking yourself, "Well, what do I have to do this time?"

In this contest, I want you to submit pictures that have something to do with 50. There are no limitations to who/what the picture is of. But it has to relate to 50 somehow!

You can set the scenery up yourself and snap a pic. Think of the possibilites! A 50 way, 50 friends picking boogers, 50 people mooning the camera, pennies formed into the number 50, 50 cottonballs spelling out the word fifty, 50 flowers spelling Boinky, :$ 50 cows (Lisa), 50 beer cans stacked into the shape of the Eiffel Tower, etc., etc., etc. I could go on and on, but I think you get the idea! :P

This is your chance to use your imagination and creativity. But remember, it either has to obviously show 50 objects, or represent 50 in some other way! Pictures that do not obviously relate to 50 will not be submitted in the final voting page, so create carefully. Since it is my contest, I have the final say so if the picture doesn't qualify, but I promise to be as open minded as possible! B|

And the greatest news is that you have 50 days to create your "moment!" :D Just submit your entry by midnight June 4, 2010. :)

Sadly, there has to be a few rules...

*Please limit your picture size to 1 mb.

*There is a limit of two entries per person, so pick your "moments" carefully. If you post more than two, only the first two posted will be judged.

*To make sure that no one gets any sneak previews of the "moments," please don't post your entries here. They will be considered invalid if you do. Instead, please send all entries and your dz.com screen name to "[email protected]
."

*After 12:01 a.m. on 6/5/10, I will sort through all of the entries and make a new voting thread. Everyone will then have 5 days to vote on the 50's moment they feel was the greatest.

*There will be a limit of one vote per person. So make sure you are positive of your decision before you vote, as you can't re-vote.

*In case of a tie, a separate "tie-breaker" thread will be started. Only the tied entries will be listed there for a final winning vote.

For the winning entry, I will personally deposit $50 to the winner's favorite dz account. The winner must provide the name and phone number of the dz of their choice, so that I can call and have the money added to their account.

Good luck to you all. And may all of your "roses" look like they're 50! :)
Nina

Are we called "DAWGs" because we stick our noses up people's butts? (RIP Buzz)
Yep, you're a postwhore-billyvance

Cute idea, Boinky!

Thanks! :)

...I only need 48 more cats and then I can take my photo to submit! B|

Shhh...I'm not sure you should say that around these folks! You may suddenly find a whole bunch of kittens on your doorstep! ;)
Nina

44 more days to get your entry in. So far, we have none. :(

Knowing what procrastinators you all are, I expect I'll see a flood of entries on the last day, huh? :D

Nina

15 days left. And still only one entry. :(

What's wrong? Don't you all like the chance to let your imaginations run wild? >:(:)

Nina

10 1/2 days left. Do you have your entry submitted yet? ;)

No I don't. Although I have the perfect idea for a picture. Today would've been a great day for it too. Maybe tomorrow or after the holiday weekend.
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

And there will be NO deadline extensions this time. I mean, come on....I gave you all 50 days to come up with an idea and submit it!!! :o I can't be any nicer than that! ;)

Nina

*tick* *tick* *tick* The clock is running. Better quit procrastinating! ;)

Who's procrastinating??? I've been without internet for a while now... haven't been on DZ.com since at least April and didn't even know the contest was going until tonight. I keep coming up with more ideas for pictures...:S
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.